Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I miss AAA games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> I miss AAA games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I miss AAA games - 5/31/2006 12:27:22 AM   
modred

For two reasons:

1) Finding a spot starter from the minors was easier
2) Teaching a player to play a new position only seems possible at the major league level
Post #: 1
RE: I miss AAA games - 5/31/2006 12:59:22 AM   
modred

3) The lineup screen is much more convenient for deciding on contract extensions than the contract status page. In the lineup screen I can see stats, important ratings, and context without having to click on every player.

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 2
RE: I miss AAA games - 5/31/2006 1:28:55 AM   
Amaroq

Agreed on all three counts. However, 1) and 3) both seem like they are display issues, not issues with actually playing the game.

1.) For this, I want a way to view the condition of minor-league players, so I can quickly find a pitcher or position player who is not fatigued. If that data were available in the minor-league system screen, I'd be in good shape for it.

2.) Totally agree. Perhaps the "Player Usage" screen needs a "Retrain as..." option now?  However, I'm okay with that being missing (for now), as in PS'05 I would habitually draft a player from one position, and 'retrain' them at a different position. Second baseman with an 'arm' of 89? You're my new catcher! Etc. Since I did this, and the AI did not, I wound up with a number of oddities - my teams had a significant advantage over the AI teams, but my players never earned All-Star honors at the position they actually played day-to-day.

3.) Another display issue. I want a screen which lets me compare every player at each position, something like 'Team Reports', 'Roster', only showing me relevant data rather than things like home region.

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> I miss AAA games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI