Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Quick Overview of My New Association

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> A Quick Overview of My New Association Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Quick Overview of My New Association - 5/30/2006 2:06:21 AM   
KG Erwin

I went with a 1946 real player draft, 50-man rosters, and decided to use finances on.  An alternate universe indeed, what with Ted Williams ending up with the Cubs, and Joe DiMaggio with the hated Reds.

My Pirates aren't too shabby, with Stan Musial and Red Schoendienst  in the lineup, but lost their first game 5-2 to the Reds (grrr!!) at Forbes Field.  Ed Lopat gave up 14 hits and 5 walks. 

The highest paid player in the Golden Age Association is Warren Spahn, who signed a 2-year deal with the Red Sox at $164,021 per year.  The Red Sox also have the majors' highest payroll at $1,495,331. 

I signed Musial in round one to a 5-year contract at $116,821.  The Pirates' total payroll is $1,382,386.  I believe I have a competitive team, but the pre-season power rankings put the Bucs at 15th.   The top three-ranked teams are the White Sox, the Dodgers and the Yankees.   
Post #: 1
RE: A Quick Overview of My New Association - 5/31/2006 1:33:42 AM   
leegra

KG--I'd have a hard time getting my head around the legends you mentioned playing on teams other than their actual ones...How are you adjusting to it?...

Lee 

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: A Quick Overview of My New Association - 5/31/2006 3:23:15 AM   
KG Erwin

Well, to be honest, I started this way just to familiarize myself with some of the very good but lesser-known players of the era.   

This association was short-lived, and I'm leaning towards using real rosters in 1946.  The draft league served to give me some ideas of whom my Pirates might try to trade for. Using finances ON might not seem so anachronistic with the new "affinity" model that Shaun provided us.    

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> A Quick Overview of My New Association Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI