Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Serial Number Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Serial Number Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serial Number Problem - 2/10/2007 2:16:57 PM   
Reno

I recently tried to patch Starshatter but received a message that my serial number was not a valid number even though it was the one given to me at that time of purchase. When I contacted the online store they recommended I contact you, so here I am.
Post #: 1
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/10/2007 7:27:15 PM   
Marc von Martial

Where did you buy it?

(in reply to Reno)
Post #: 2
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/11/2007 7:50:52 AM   
Reno

Bought at Matrix Games.  If you pull up my purchase history you'll see it with several other games I've purchased along with the order numbers and serial numbers.  All serial numbers except Starshatter's work fine. Let me know if you need the order number or serial number.

< Message edited by Reno -- 2/11/2007 8:04:41 AM >

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/11/2007 12:58:30 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reno

Bought at Matrix Games. If you pull up my purchase history you'll see it with several other games I've purchased along with the order numbers and serial numbers. All serial numbers except Starshatter's work fine. Let me know if you need the order number or serial number.

Please check the game version in the "main screen". It might very well be that your version of Starshatter is already up to date if you bought recently. You might have gotten a number of a "newer" serial number set, those are not included in "old" patch installers.

(in reply to Reno)
Post #: 4
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/11/2007 2:44:32 PM   
Reno

I purchased Starshatter on January 23, 2006, a little over a year ago.  At that time I could not register because the serial number provided was identified as an "invalid key" even though I was able to download and install the game using that number.  Recent attempts to re-register have met with similar results.  I've been blocked from patching due to the same "invalid key" indication.  I'm not sure what "main screen" you're referring to.  The main startup screen with the "Play" button, Starshatter visual, and links to Matrix forums has no version number that I can see.  There is a number after the game starts, above the tabs for missions, campaigns, logbooks, options, etc. that reads 4.0.2.  I always thought that was a stardate or something.

Post #: 5
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/11/2007 6:33:18 PM   
Marc von Martial

Are you trying to instal th epatch for "Starshatter - The Gathering Storm" ? SSTGS is a sequel to the original Starshatter.

(in reply to Reno)
Post #: 6
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/12/2007 3:02:27 AM   
Reno

quote:

Are you trying to instal th epatch for "Starshatter - The Gathering Storm" ? SSTGS is a sequel to the original Starshatter.

No.  The patch link at matrix for the original starshatter doesn't work.  I was able to download the patch (4.5.0) from another site yesterday.  In looking closer, it doesn't look like the original Starshatter is supported by matrix any longer.  The registration screen only has the Starshatter TGS option now.  I don't think it's possible to register the original Starshatter.  Anyway, my main concern was to patch the game and that's been done.  Thanks for the time.  It was appreciated. 

Post #: 7
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/12/2007 11:18:47 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reno

quote:

No. The patch link at matrix for the original starshatter doesn't work. I was able to download the patch (4.5.0) from another site yesterday. In looking closer, it doesn't look like the original Starshatter is supported by matrix any longer. The registration screen only has the Starshatter TGS option now. I don't think it's possible to register the original Starshatter. Anyway, my main concern was to patch the game and that's been done. Thanks for the time. It was appreciated.

So the patch installer from "another site" did accept the serial number?

(in reply to Reno)
Post #: 8
RE: Serial Number Problem - 2/13/2007 12:59:53 AM   
Reno

quote:

So the patch installer from "another site" did accept the serial number?

No.  I was able to install the patch without any need for a serial number.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Serial Number Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI