Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maps textures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Maps textures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maps textures - 6/29/2006 5:29:26 PM   
Bradley62

Can I get these (type) map textures with TOAW III? The following 2 links really look sharp with regard or texturing IMO. Much better than the map screenshots I've seen for TOAW III at Matrix.

older TOAW maps?

and here
Post #: 1
RE: Maps textures - 6/29/2006 6:03:02 PM   
Industrial

Those are the original TOAW:CoW graphics, you should have a link in your TOAW III Folder to install these classic graphics

"The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

<--- aka: Kraut

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 2
RE: Maps textures - 6/29/2006 6:45:58 PM   
Bradley62

Is there any gain from using the new maps? Just seems the classic are more aesthetically pleasing

(in reply to Industrial)
Post #: 3
RE: Maps textures - 6/29/2006 7:00:17 PM   
JAMiAM

It's all a matter of aesthetics. Use whichever map textures you wish. In fact, there are several other packages out there being developed by gifted amateurs.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 4
RE: Maps textures - 6/29/2006 7:07:12 PM   
Bradley62

Thanks much for the reply.

Do all current game downloads have the new patch? Or just get the patch after game download.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Maps textures - 7/11/2006 7:33:43 AM   
r6kunz

I would like to see elevation represented by color shades - say three shades of green or brown. It would not have an effect on game play, only a visual cue for terrain elevation which I think would give more realism to the map.  The hill terrain hexes could be saved for difficult terrain...Any possibilty?
Rob Kunz

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 6
RE: Maps textures - 7/11/2006 4:18:50 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: HPT KUNZ

I would like to see elevation represented by color shades - say three shades of green or brown. It would not have an effect on game play, only a visual cue for terrain elevation which I think would give more realism to the map.  The hill terrain hexes could be saved for difficult terrain...Any possibilty?
Rob Kunz

Hills are already used for difficult terrain. I think adding extra graphics to the map which have no effect on gameplay would just clutter things up. It can already be difficult to see important information.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to r6kunz)
Post #: 7
RE: Maps textures - 7/12/2006 6:26:58 AM   
r6kunz

True- hills add difficult terrain. But many countrysides have rolling hills, valleys, and plateaus. TOAW renders these areas as either perfectly flat (and to me rather boring), or rendered with hill tiles which add an unrealistic difficulty to the terrain. I would like to see a subtle shading of elevation.
Rob Kunz

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 8
RE: Maps textures - 7/12/2006 4:33:29 PM   
JMass

I'm working on a set of hills and mountainous terrain specific to environment, I hope it will be ready in september after my holidays.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to r6kunz)
Post #: 9
RE: Maps textures - 7/12/2006 5:50:51 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: HPT KUNZ

True- hills add difficult terrain. But many countrysides have rolling hills, valleys, and plateaus. TOAW renders these areas as either perfectly flat (and to me rather boring), or rendered with hill tiles which add an unrealistic difficulty to the terrain. I would like to see a subtle shading of elevation.

Maybe I'm a philistine, but I prefer a clear distinction between functionally different terrain types to an aesthetically pleasing map.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to r6kunz)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Maps textures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI