Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Almost ready to buy but have questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Almost ready to buy but have questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Almost ready to buy but have questions - 7/15/2006 6:14:03 AM   
Pirates Fan

Folks,

I was thrilled to see PureSim add flight-of-ball animation. That's what has kept me from PureSim and OOTP. I tried the PureSim demo but didn't have time to explore too deeply. Now I'm up against the deadline to buy it at $14.95.

So here are my questions:

1. I want a Universal Baseball Association type of setup, except I'll likely have 2 divisions of 4 teams each and a 60-game season. (My attention span is a lot shorter than J. Henry Waugh's.) Fictional players, of course.

a. Can the game generate a 60-game schedule in which each team plays 12 games against each of its rivals in own division (36 games total) and 6 against those in the other division (24 games total)?

b. If not, how could I get such a schedule?

2. I want no minor leagues, financials, trades or injuries. Just turn them off, correct?

3. At the end of the season, every team must release 2 position players and 1 pitcher. That's easy enough, correct?

4. Each team (in reverse order of finish) will then sign 2 position players and 1 pitcher that I create from scratch. These are players whose attributes will be determined by a roll of the dice. The demo of course allows to player editing or creation, so I ask:

a. Do you have to fill in every statistic for a player to "work" -- that is, determine ratings for Eye, Contact, Power, Speed, etc?

b. Can you assign those ratings on, say, a 1-5 scale WITHOUT inputting stats at all?

5. Do good players retire during the season? If so, can I unretire them?

6. If you choose 4-man rotation for your league, do you have to start from a pre-1970s season from which to launch, or will it work in any era without downgrading the pitchers' performance or endurance?

7. Let's say in midseason a player or pitcher begins performing so poorly that I'm forced to dump him and create a replacement. Is that doable?

Thanks for your help.

Geoff
Post #: 1
RE: Almost ready to buy but have questions - 7/15/2006 6:31:37 AM   
Abev

Geoff alot of that stuff cannot be done. For 14.95 its a giveaway. Cmon 14.95? There is plenty of flexibilty in PS for everyone. If you like sims theres no reason in the world why you wont LOVE puresim./

(in reply to Pirates Fan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Almost ready to buy but have questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI