Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Okay... FINALLY...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Okay... FINALLY... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 5:39:32 AM   
Brockleigh

... I've purchased a video card that can ACTUALLY play Maximum-Football. I'm looking forward to playing the game BIG TIME, especially seeing as the CFL season started tonight.

The reason for my post is to make sure that the hardware I'm using will be sufficient to play the game. I'm pretty sure it is, but in case I need upgrades, it'd be good to know beforehand, so:

Pentium 4 processor running at 1.6 GHz
512 MB of Ram (298MB free)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 Video Card (256MB)
12.7 GB Hard Drive space free.
DirectX Version 9
Logitech Dual Action game controller (Basically a clone of the PlayStation2 controller)
Windows XP

I know that I meet all of the System Requirements, but I guess what I'm asking is, with the above specs for my PC, what are the chances I'll run into horrible slowdown or some other tech-based glitchy performance. Any responses would be graetly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brockleigh
Post #: 1
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 6:34:35 AM   
Tbird

Looks good
but just make sure the video drivers are up to date

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 2
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 7:01:32 AM   
Brockleigh

Yeah, they're up to date. The card is only a couple of weeks old, and when I first installed it, I went to the NVIDIA site to make sure that the drivers on the CD-ROM were the most current. They are.

Sweet. Next week, with my next pay, I'll download the game.

Okay, another Quick Q: I plan on creating a CFL league that has 12 teams, in four three-team divisions. I'll be going with the eight teams from this year, re-incarnating Ottawa (they'll be back next year anyways), and placing fantasy teams in Saskatoon, Halifax and a Third city (I can't make up my mind if it is going to be Quebec City, London or Windsor ON). The only thing I'm wondering is if the game has a minimum number of teams that can be in a division. I'd prefer the league to be set up with each division winner qualifying for the playoffs and one wild-card from each conference, without a cross-over from the other conference. Can that be done?

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 3
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 9:52:34 AM   
Tbird

No minimum Team limit

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 4
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 11:11:12 AM   
Magnum357

Just curious, is Ottawa returning next year? I thought it really sucked that they had too suspend operations this year. I mean, they were an expansion team not too long ago.

Were did you hear that they will return next year?

As for your plans for playoffs in your league, MaxFB is pretty flexible when setting up Playoff Matchups too your liking. I haven't messed with it much yet, but I have heard others on this board say its very flexible.

< Message edited by Magnum357 -- 6/17/2006 11:12:27 AM >

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 5
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 7:09:20 PM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Just curious, is Ottawa returning next year? I thought it really sucked that they had too suspend operations this year. I mean, they were an expansion team not too long ago.

Were did you hear that they will return next year?

The TV crews during the games last night were reporting one of the Toronto newspapers has written that the B.C. Lions are for sale (the informaion is from an unidentified source, of course). Their speculation was that after Brayley sold the Lions, that he would become the owner of a new Ottawa team.

Of course, no-one, not even the owner of the Lions will confirm that the team is for sale, so it is basically just rumours and TV commentator babble at this point.

Speaking of rumours and babble, I wonder what has happened to Marty York? I haven't seen any articles from him on any of the sports web pages lately.

quote:

As for your plans for playoffs in your league, MaxFB is pretty flexible when setting up Playoff Matchups too your liking. I haven't messed with it much yet, but I have heard others on this board say its very flexible.

You set up each round of the playoffs manually, so you can pretty much do anything you want.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 6
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 8:04:28 PM   
Brockleigh

David Braley is the CFL's Good Samaritan. He rescued the Tiger-Cats from the brink a number of years ago, he took over the B.C. Lions when they were foundering and turned them completely around to be a healthy, successful franchise, and it would not at all surprise me if he was selling the Lions so he could resurrect the Renegades. In fact, when I heard he was putting the Lions up for sale, that was my first thought: That he was heading for Ottawa. If he doesn't, the Frank D'angelo, the guy who owns Steelback breweries has publically stated that he has the desire to pick up the franchise. He's backed by Bio-Vail or RIM or some other local (Read: Southern Ontario) major R&D company that will help finance him. But he wants to change the team name and colours if he does so.

The only reason that Ottawa isn't playing this year is because Bernie Glieberman, as per usual, screwed up and waited too long to sell the team, and waited until well after the last minute to dig his thumb out and surrender the franchise. How this guy has any money left and hasn't blundered himself into personal bankruptcy with his other financial ventures is beyond me. This man has NO business sense.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 7
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/17/2006 10:27:41 PM   
DONMVP

I wish they would show , more cfl games here in california . Saw a game in toronto , in 2000 , i liked it before , but loved it more after . They show friday games here late in the summer , but it`s a crap shoot when and if they do . Thank god for internet , listen to the games on there . Right now setting up a 8 team league and a 18 team or 20 team league using american teams that played in early 90s. As soon as a few more stadiums get un packed will start them up .

Go ARGO`S

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 8
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/18/2006 2:37:48 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

I think they  should just give up on ottawa and have a team in quebec city (growing football interests) or Windsor (excellent for US exposure) and Halifax (Just needs a team)

I hear the 9th team might go to Windsor instead of ottawa

and DONMVP, sorry to burst your bubble, but argos' arent taking it this year lol. It'll probably be Montreal or BC, maybe Winnipeg

I think the CFL should have 16 teams to allow a wild card round and have east and west conferences, to allow more teams in the east. Like a CFC and NFC, like the NFL.

< Message edited by CFL_FAN_7 -- 6/18/2006 2:44:14 AM >

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 9
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/18/2006 8:45:36 AM   
Brockleigh

Why would you give up on Ottawa? If it wasn't for incompetent management, this club would be in fine shape. The city embraced the new team, and it was only when they hired 'consultants' to run the club (that Liskowski guy ACTUALLY asked the trainers, "Do you REALLY need athletic tape?") instead of football men, that's when the city started to turn on them. For crying out loud, Liskowski chased Eric Tillman out of town. The city wants a football team, but they can smell a rat when they see one.

... and 16 teams would be cool, but I crunched the population numbers a couple years back and with the size of Canadian Cities right now, the ABSOLUTE MOST you could hope for is 12, MAYBE 13.

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 10
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/18/2006 11:46:11 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I was very suprised to hear Ottawa suspending this year.  Before, I thought Ottawa didn't much care about Football as compared to other CFL cities (problems with previous Ottawa attempts), but the Renegades initial season seemed too indicate that the city has at least some substantial interest in Football, maybe not NFL type numbers, but enough for a Canadain Football Team.  As for Ottawas former Management, no athletic tape for players???  Yikes, thats kinda scary managment in my opinion.  

I have too agree with 16 teams.  I just don't think there is enough Canadian cities too make the CFL that big.  Perhaps 12 teams, but I think the only way the CFL could ever dream of getting too 16 is by expanding south again.  And with the almost complete colapse of the league in the 90's with the "US Experiment" as I like too call it, I think expanding south would probably not be wise.  CFL needs too keep its Canadain cities Stable and flurish if possible, expanding into the US is just too risky.

< Message edited by Magnum357 -- 6/18/2006 11:48:28 AM >

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 11
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/18/2006 4:14:59 PM   
Brockleigh

I myself wouldn't mind seeing the CFL expand south again, but only if:

a) The number of viable Canadian Cities has been exhausted, and
b) The US cities chosen are close enough that they could receive a CBC television signal or have a Candian Channel on their cable package.

Starting with b, if the candidate city is at least familiar with CFL football through CBC or TSN broadcasts, then they have a knowledge base installed. The spectators are familiar with the game, and the crowds generated will be actual Canadian Football fans, as opposed to being strictly out of curiosity. Under no circumstances should the CFL expand further south than the first line of states adjacent to the Candian border. That would lead to the 1995 disaster.

Then a), according to the 2001 Census, Regina is the smallest CFL market with a metropolitan population of 192,800. Saskatoon (225,927) is actually larger than Regina, so they could quite conceivably host a CFL team. Once you get outside of the football-mad praries, and toss out the cities that are too close to existing CFL teams (Oshawa is too close to Toronto, St. Catharines and Kitchener are too close to Hamilton, Victoria is too close to Vancouver) and would only compete with and erode from an existing team's fan base, you'd need a city with a population of about 300,000 to reasonable be able to support CFL football. According to the Census, that would leave:

Halifax (359,183)
London (432,451, and could also draw from Kitchener's 414,284)
Quebec City (682,757)
and Windsor (307,877 and you'd probably have a number crossing the border from Detroit's 911,402)

So, maybe an additional five teams to go with the existing (and I include Ottawa in 'existing') nine. a Fourteen team league would work quite well. Now it would just mean finding an additional six owners (and now I include Ottawa in this number) deep-pocketed, Canadian-Football-passionate Bob Young/Howard Sokolowski/David Cynammon types that could pony up the dough for an expansion team, and not caring about losing money on the venture...

... and Canada's richest man just died... I wonder if his heirs like Football.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 12
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 6/19/2006 12:03:11 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

They could have 12 teams no prob, could have 16 and not have an east and west divisons.

National Football Conference:

Vancouver, Hamilton, Quebec city, Regina, Toronto, Winnipeg, Montreal, Victoria 

Canadian Football Conference:

Edmonton, Calgary, St. John's, Saskatoon, Halifax, Moncton, Windsor, Ottawa

Or have 12-15 teams with East and West divisions

West: - Calgary                         East: - Toronto
        - Edmonton                              - Hamilton
        - Victoria                                 - Montreal
        - Vancouver                             - Quebec city
        - Regina                                  - Ottawa 
        - Saskatoon                             - Windsor/London
        - Winnipeg                               - Halifax
        - Another populated area           - Moncton 
          In Manitobia or Saskatchewan

< Message edited by CFL_FAN_7 -- 6/19/2006 12:06:02 AM >

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 13
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 7/23/2006 6:41:32 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

ANYONE SEE THE WINNIPEG GAME ON FRIDAY??? THAT WAS AMAZING!!

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 14
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 7/23/2006 9:20:05 PM   
David Winter

I wish they would show , more cfl games here in california.

All CFL games are webcast now for $9.99. (Canadian dollars I think) http://www4.insinc.com/cfl/

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 15
RE: Okay... FINALLY... - 7/24/2006 2:58:31 AM   
DONMVP

yes saw where there broadcasting on internet . Found out a few weeks ago they were showing at lease 1 game on cable here , plus listen to internet radio to catch the rest . Enjoyed the sask , tor game on tv yesterday , really enjoy the cfl better then nfl

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Okay... FINALLY... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI