Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command... - 10/13/2006 10:53:17 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Two of Boku Strategy Games Series Comes to Matrix!

Matrix Games is very proud to announce they have acquired the rights to two game series engines and will be developing the next games in the Combat Command and Horse and Musket series designed by Boku Strategy Games.

Design and development of these game series will continue with the aid of Michael Cooney and Tim Coakley. Fans of the series can look forward to new features as well as enhancements to the series.

“It has been a tremendous year for us,” says Lance Stoltz, Business Development at Matrix Games. “We at Matrix Games have always been big fans of both series, and it is a great honor to be working with another fine developer and game engines.”

Michael Cooney said “Matrix Games has published some excellent wargames titles over the last few years and we are very happy these two series will continue with Matrix Games.”

Horse and Musket is an 18th Century hex based strategy game using company sized units. Combat Command is a World War 2 game using the same company sized units. Due to the tactics found in each era, though the games sound similar, the tactics involved are quite varied.

In the near future we’ll be announcing what will change and where Matrix will take these two great series. Stay tuned at www.matrixgames.com!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 3:16:37 PM   
AndyfromVA1

I tried the demo of an earlier version and found the game play to be excellent but I had a problem with the graphics. If the graphics were improved, this could be a real winner.

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 4:13:00 PM   
Panama Red

Matrix:
Thank you for picking this game series up. Now maybe it will be allowed to expand and complete the series as it was intended.

(in reply to AndyfromVA1)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 4:55:17 PM   
Moltke71

I note the absence of any mention of Dave Erickson, the original designer. I can only wonder which way rhe series will go if he's not involved.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Panama Red)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 5:02:28 PM   
David Heath

Hi Jim

Dave Erickson and I will chat soon.  In fact its my bad I have not called him as of yet. 

David

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 6:08:44 PM   
sol_invictus

This is really good news. I think Boku will find a nice home here at Matrix.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 8:07:22 PM   
Tim Coakley

Jim,
I have traded e-mails Dave Erickson...I am sure Dave will have some involvement in continueing the series. He is especially interested in the 1700-1800 period...plenty of room to cover that time period.

Tim Coakley

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/14/2006 7:56:27 PM   
MichaelCooney

Hi all, just wanted to pop-in to make a presence. You probably don't know my name, but I'm the programmer/owner behind Boku Strategy Games. These game series are being turned over to Double Shot Design because there have been a lot of requests for new and modified features and we just haven't been and won't be able to give the games the attention they deserve (See the Shrapnel press release...). So while this is no longer a Boku effort and you won't see "Boku" on the box or in the credits, I'll be working with Tim Coakley on these games for awhile until the next programmers are comfortable working on their own. Talking with Tim, I know you'll be pleased with what he has in store... :)

Thanks for all the positive responses!

Michael Cooney

< Message edited by MichaelCooney -- 10/16/2006 12:45:35 AM >

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/15/2006 3:41:04 AM   
Hentzau

Glad to see that there might now be more done with H&M2.

My pet peeve has always been the "failed activation" message. It just rips the immersion right out. "Courier failed to reach general ___", or "general ___ refuses to move" , or "general ___ refuses to see courier till after he's eaten" would be better. A whole slew of various random replies would be cool. Instead of do you wish to activate, "do you wish to send orders to" would seem more period.

Hoping for some American Revolution, a fan on the messageboards over at Shrapnel has already created battlefields for that period with the H&M2 engine. Might want to have a look at what he's done so far.

Trenck makes some great stuff for H&M2 http://www.trenck-dragoner.de/_sgg/m1_1.htm seems much more alive with his background sounds.

DON'T go making H&M2 into a WW2 game. LOL

< Message edited by Hentzau -- 10/15/2006 3:50:14 AM >

(in reply to MichaelCooney)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/15/2006 4:13:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone

Ha-ha ... no we won't be going and making a ww2 game out of Horse & Musket.  If anyone made a MOD or has an interest in working on the product please let them know we would love to hear from them as soon as possible.  I will be starting a thread to hear what people are looking as new features people are looking for.  

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 10/16/2006 10:42:44 PM >

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/15/2006 5:30:48 AM   
AndyfromVA1

Michael,

You created a very interesting, creative, realistic game system. I eagerly look forward to the Matrix version with (I hope) up to date graphics and other improvements that will really show off your games to their best advantage.

(in reply to MichaelCooney)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI