Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Milestones Add-in Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Milestones Add-in Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Milestones Add-in Questions - 4/13/2007 3:02:20 PM   
akcranker

Hey Crash I just wanted to say I love the milestones add-in and was wondering if there were any other milestones you would be able to add into the add-in?

Also the SB/HR 30/30 club add-in is nice too. I finally had 2 guys that reached that milestone, one of them actually could be in the 40/40 club if there was one.

So do you have plans for any other add-ins? Thanks for all the ones you've already done, they add a ton more to the history of each association!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Milestones Add-in Questions - 4/13/2007 10:49:53 PM   
CrashDavis

quote:

Hey Crash I just wanted to say I love the milestones add-in and was wondering if there were any other milestones you would be able to add into the add-in?

If you have the most recent version, it should have the 500 HR milestone, Most Ks/Game, Longest HRs, Longest Hitting Streaks, and Career GrandSlams added. Thats all I have in mind at the moment. Any updates at this point will probably
be inclusion of the players status (ie., whether he is retired, FA, Minors, Majors, etc.) and team info if applicable.

quote:

Also the SB/HR 30/30 club add-in is nice too. I finally had 2 guys that reached that milestone, one of them actually could be in the 40/40 club if there was one.

After a certain number of seasons have been completed, the addin will automatically begin looking for 40/40 HR/SB.

quote:

So do you have plans for any other add-ins?

No plans on the board for any new ones at the moment. I anticipate updating current addins so that each include more info on a players status & team info (see above) and, for those using financials, adding contract info like what appears in the Prospects addin (Prospects addin shows an extra line with players Salary, Contract Length, and Years Remaining for those who have Financials turned on).

I have written a few small stand alone utility programs that interface with an Associations database that might prove useful at some point once they are polished and proofed.
One I use, allows for adding players manually to the associations HoF; you have probably noticed Relief Pitchers don't get any love in PureSim when it comes to the HOF election. In general I agree, but there are simply some RP's that are exceptional and - IMO - belong in the HOF.
Another I use, allows changing some association options that you normally cannot change once you start your association (ie., financials on/off, injuries on/off, roster size, AI Trades on/off, Modern Closer on/off, PlayerAffinity, PreDebut, & InSeasonRatingsChanges). Of course, if you have MS Access, you can make these changes anyway, just becareful - there are things in there not meant to be changed outside of PureSim. There are other things not meant to be changed at all (TeamIDs, PlayerIDs, etc.). And please backup your database before changing anything with MS Access.
Another cool little utility is a Schedule Editor (not to be confused with a creator or anything like that). This utility will allow
some editing of the schedule that you are already using with PureSim (for games not yet completed only!). This came in handy just the other day when at the end of season I had two teams tied for a division lead. In such cases, PureSim will decide the winner based on who has the most Runs Scored. With this utility, I was able to add an extra game to the existing schedule so that the two tied teams had a one game playoff to unbreak the tie (ala '78 Bosox & Yanks). Now this meant first having to delete the post season games that PureSim had populated. But, PureSim correctly handled things after the 1 game playoff and everything ran fine from that point on. Note: this was from the 1991 season with 28 teams and 2 divisions per league. I have yet to see how this will work with 30 teams using 3 divisions per league. I'll know in about 2 more seasons of simming.
And finally, one of the most informative utilities I use at the beginning of each season, is a program that queries the Lahmanps database and will display what the correct team names, ballpark, & 3-letter abbreviation should be for each team in any given year. When I sim, I always use the correct ballpark for that year and this utility produces the info pretty handily.

CrashDavis
CrashDavis Addins

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 2
RE: Milestones Add-in Questions - 4/17/2007 11:55:56 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Hey, Crash? That program of yours which expands the roster sizes-- how is that working out for you? I'm about 1/3rd of the way through my third season of managing the Marlins on a game-by-game basis. When I first created the association, I went with the suggested 35-man roster, but as the years have gone by, I've found that floating along with 9 guys in the minors simply doesn't work.

I would love to expand the association (much more than starting a new one). Have you experienced any glitches with its use? If not, and all seems well, would you be willing to share it?

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Milestones Add-in Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI