Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions before buying........

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Some questions before buying........ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions before buying........ - 1/1/2007 11:49:01 PM   
gijas17

1. How big is the game map (it states the whole eastern US coastal region) so is this the same area as BOA encompasses includeing Western frontier regions such as Fort Detroit in Michigan, Fort Pitt in Penn, Fort Henry in Virgina, etc...

2. In the game details it states you can align with various native tribes to your cause as the British so how is this implemented in the game?

3. How robust is the game editor? Can you design non-historical campaigns such as Native American units against American frontier settlers or vise-versa? Can you edit fort locations and strategic points?

4. How is FL weather implemented in comparison to BOA weather for units and battles?

5. I noticed the time span of the different campaigns in FL and one encompassing the entire American Revolutionary war so in this paticular campaign I just mentioned you can play out the whole Revolutionary War in Historical context or is it of a more dynamic nature? For example, do historical battles and enemy unit movements play out often or does the AI take what liberty or situational value it has from my movements to attack me meaning if I decide to attack a frontier fort instead of a more strategic location that would be more historical and strategic of value how does the AI respond to that?

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Post #: 1
RE: Some questions before buying........ - 1/3/2007 1:51:07 AM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: gijas

1. How big is the game map (it states the whole eastern US coastal region) so is this the same area as BOA encompasses includeing Western frontier regions such as Fort Detroit in Michigan, Fort Pitt in Penn, Fort Henry in Virgina, etc...

2. In the game details it states you can align with various native tribes to your cause as the British so how is this implemented in the game?

3. How robust is the game editor? Can you design non-historical campaigns such as Native American units against American frontier settlers or vise-versa? Can you edit fort locations and strategic points?

4. How is FL weather implemented in comparison to BOA weather for units and battles?

5. I noticed the time span of the different campaigns in FL and one encompassing the entire American Revolutionary war so in this paticular campaign I just mentioned you can play out the whole Revolutionary War in Historical context or is it of a more dynamic nature? For example, do historical battles and enemy unit movements play out often or does the AI take what liberty or situational value it has from my movements to attack me meaning if I decide to attack a frontier fort instead of a more strategic location that would be more historical and strategic of value how does the AI respond to that?

1. Map contains Indian setlements and some forts in the west as far as Florida to south and Canadian terrotories at North. Not whole Canada is in game but there is lots of rural areas between indian settlements.

2. In the game tribes are siding British and Brits have influence points witch can be used to recruit some number of indian regiments Influence points can be used many thing but recruiting indians is one of them. Number of Indian regiment that can be recruited is limited so they are mostly good for hit and run type of attacks but they can be real pain to USA as they need to cover huge area. I dont know if USA can recruit indian regiments as I have only played UK side so far.

3. I have Never tested game editor.

4. There is three zones in campaign map that can have different weather per turn. Weather affect movement, supply system and battles. I'm still a rookie so I havent checked the details but for example during winter its harder to launch big multiple offensives becouse units run out of supply and readiness pretty fast witch make them to lose their ablity to fight for long time as it takes time to regenerate totally exhausted troops.

Why dont you try out demo it gives pretty good idea there is short campaign at south of USA?

< Message edited by Jakerson -- 1/3/2007 2:05:40 AM >

(in reply to gijas17)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions before buying........ - 1/3/2007 2:27:07 AM   
Joram

I believe "Ft Oswego" on Lake umm, damn, I forgot what great lake that is but it's the easternmost one.  :)  So no, you can't go all the way to detroit ala BoA.

Try the demo or look at a couple of the AARs!  Can't go wrong there.

(in reply to Jakerson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Some questions before buying........ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI