Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stealth fighting in a detailed battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Stealth fighting in a detailed battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stealth fighting in a detailed battle - 12/31/2006 12:30:06 AM   
Wolfpack_MatrixForum

Another very weird one!

The CSA Army of Nothern Virginia invade Maryland where only 1 wing of the Potomoc Army resides for a 100k vs 51k battle. I have reinforcements nearby so I call upon them and start building a defense line around one of my victory locations. During day 1 as my reinforcements pour in the CSA starts taking casualties. The wierd thing is that they are not close to any of my troops or garrisions. So I continue to build my defence while curious as to how long my invisible friend will hold of the rebs. Unit after unit of Rebs rout until the whole force collapes on day 3 without any of my forces firing a shot. End result shown below:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Stealth fighting in a detailed battle - 1/1/2007 9:11:36 PM   
ericbabe

In detailed battle, the defender may receive some free garrison units in the battle located in his forts or watchtowers.  These units are very poor quality and do not correspond to any units on the main map.  They begin the battle fortified and so must be unfortified if you wish to move them (they are normally not very good for attacking outside of forts because of their poor quality).  Because these units do not correspond to any unit on the main map, casualties that they take are not included in the totals for the battle casualties.

(in reply to Wolfpack_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: Stealth fighting in a detailed battle - 1/2/2007 12:01:41 AM   
Wolfpack_MatrixForum

Eric,

I know what you are referring to. In this case no union troops were visibile where the rebs were taking casualties. Every other detailed battle I could see the garrisons being attacked. Also these troops were invincible. They routed the entire ANV. Normally they can survive a few turns but not 3 days and certainly fare worse than the attackers.

Wolfpack

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Stealth fighting in a detailed battle - 1/2/2007 4:40:22 AM   
christof139

When I play the game at Captain level, the cursor never rests on garrison units long enough so that you can't do anything with them. They are under AI control, and I am referring to your own side's garrsion units, not the enemy's.

I don't know if that is because of the AI level or not.

Chris

(in reply to Wolfpack_MatrixForum)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Stealth fighting in a detailed battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI