Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thats it, I can ttake it anymore

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Thats it, I can ttake it anymore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/6/2007 4:30:33 AM   
cj1313

I'll start with I LOVED this game. I played 1776 Camp until around late 1780 when I was taking over the game as the US and I could NEVER get the BRITS to even fight under any circumstances a Tatical Battle. I enjoyed all the battles I had and never found them tedious. Now it seems they always just RUN OFF THE MAP even if the leave an important city and run until the run out of supply then they surrender. Even if our armies are "close" in amounts of men they just run... So I stopped...

The I start as the BRITS and try to fight near Boston. Even when we have similar armies 5000 men 50 guns vs 5400 men 24 guns.. He just flees... I know the US did that to perfection, but geez its becoming boring. If there just going to constantly flee they should suffer greater penalties. Sooner or later they need to duke it out for a few turns before cut and run. I understand if it's 20000 to 5000 they'll flee Boston, but I have to come in with a weak army just to cause a battle....

I know Washington did that, but he'll retreat until he runs out of supply and can no longer fight....

FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/6/2007 2:57:03 PM   
HussarGames

Well, if the AI refuses to give you battle, then you have already won.

However, this is actually an issue that we are looking at right now. Admittedly, this is because we want to improve our next game, but I see no reason why not to retrofit the change to For Liberty! So stay tuned for the next patch in a few weeks time.
Until then, ideas are welcome how to improve on this.

Thanks you for your feedback ;)

(in reply to cj1313)
Post #: 2
RE: Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/6/2007 3:38:55 PM   
James Ward

I have had the AI attack me and then retreat right off the map! I haven't quite figured that one out
Perhaps a strategic value could be assigned to cities that determined how hard the AI fights for them or an initiative roll could be made to determine which leaders tactic/casualty level was used during the battle.

(in reply to HussarGames)
Post #: 3
RE: Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/8/2007 7:47:45 PM   
jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com

I think that part of the problem is that Alfred sometimes is inaccurate in assessing the probable outcome of tactical battles. Consequently, he will sometimes retreat from battles that he has a decent chance of winning or attack when he has very little chance of winning. I apologize if I'm starting to (for those of you old enough to remember phonograph records) "sound like a broken record" on this subject, and I promise that from now on I will refrain from bringing it up again in the future.

All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 4
RE: Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/16/2007 4:38:36 PM   
HussarGames

We are aware of this and made some refinements to the code for the next patch.

Post #: 5
RE: Thats it, I can ttake it anymore - 2/16/2007 5:03:15 PM   
James Ward

I have noticed when the AI attackes me then retreats it is usually because I have set up at the 'far' end of my set up area and I don't think the AI can see me so it leaves the fight.

(in reply to HussarGames)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Thats it, I can ttake it anymore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI