Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Terrain-Rough-Jungle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Terrain-Rough-Jungle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Terrain-Rough-Jungle - 8/31/2000 6:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Well, that terrible trio, Mike W, Nick P and David H have done it again. We have two new buttons on the scenario editor screen, jungle and rough. I'm very pleased with these and the graphics that come with them. Rough and Jungle have darker, varying bases instead of the European grass green. Now by playing with the buttons you can get all kinds of combinations. They make some fairly decent generated maps. We all know how don't often have the look we want. This feature will allow even the non-map designer to make himself a custom map for the time period and locatio he is in. I'm pretty picky when it comes to maps, as some of you know but believe it or not, I like what I see here, very much. And thanks to Nick Papp for many hours of graphic design and Mike Wood for spending 48 hours non-stop programming this so we can have it. Good job, guys! Oh, I think Fabio and Tankhead will be posting some pics. Take a peek. http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm AND...yes, it is a new feature. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 8/31/2000 6:19:00 PM   
Fredde

Can't wait to try it .. hopefully it shouldn't be very long now ;-) I really like your focus on map details, makes the game even more enjoyable!

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2000 5:58:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello all! I just posted some new pictures of the new terrain type from Ver3 on my web site. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 9/2/2000 1:40:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Look for some brand new samples of jungle maps with the new terrain on Rick's site. I did a couple of jungle maps tonight, generics for you to use with the generated battles. You'll like this feature...its new to me Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 9/2/2000 1:56:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

And now the new map system really is "revolutionary" :-) While you could always use a custom map - you were always stuck with the default start lines and victory hex placement! Now you will be able save start lines and victroy hex info WITH THE MAP! So when you use it in a battle generator game, you can use the new victory hex types, and the "Saved" startlines! And Wild Bill and the crew will provide dozens of historical and generic maps!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 9/2/2000 1:59:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Working on it as we speak, Paul V! What are we doing up at this hour ? WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 9/2/2000 4:52:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

*bonk* ... the sound of a jaw hitting a floor. I always thought the SP series had good graphics but these look plain awesome, truly revolutionary, if I may . Finally, something to match the sounds . ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Terrain-Rough-Jungle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI