Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships getting damaged in port.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Ships getting damaged in port. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 1:34:37 AM   
heenanc

What the deal with ships getting damage point up to SYM 10? Is this normal?
Post #: 1
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 1:38:21 AM   
heenanc

I'll give you a bit more info it's 5/10/42 the port is pearl harbour, some have traveled from San but only a couple and i'm like 10 goes into the scenario?

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 1:41:50 AM   
bilbow

Could they have upgraded? That will show up as system damage

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 3
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 2:12:01 PM   
AmiralLaurent

Either they started the scenario with some fixed damage, or they upgraded. As PH has a naval repair yard, any ship disbanding into port with upgrade set as 'yes' and an upgrade due will receive this upgrade and been 'damaged' accordingly.

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 4
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 3:05:17 PM   
KPAX

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Either they started the scenario with some fixed damage, or they upgraded. As PH has a naval repair yard, any ship disbanding into port with upgrade set as 'yes' and an upgrade due will receive this upgrade and been 'damaged' accordingly.

I think that the only ports which you can upgrade in are SF and Karachi. None of the other ports will upgrade your ships.

If they arrived in SF, sat there for a few turns and needed an upgrade, they might have upgraded in SF. The damage was there from the upgrade when you moved them and brought them to PH and did not notice it while building the TF in SF.

< Message edited by KPAX -- 4/13/2007 3:06:27 PM >

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 5
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 3:12:39 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPAX

quote:

I think that the only ports which you can upgrade in are SF and Karachi. None of the other ports will upgrade your ships.

If they arrived in SF, sat there for a few turns and needed an upgrade, they might have upgraded in SF. The damage was there from the upgrade when you moved them and brought them to PH and did not notice it while building the TF in SF.

Uh... i am pretty sure any port with an naval shipyard can upgrade your ships... which includes places like Columbo, Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Melbourne, etc.

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 6
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 4:26:49 PM   
saj42

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Uh... i am pretty sure any port with an naval shipyard can upgrade your ships... which includes places like Columbo, Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Melbourne, etc.

Correct rtrapasso
Ships will upgrade in ANY port with a repair yard. Conversions can only happen in S.F. or Osaka

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 4:27:04 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

This is correct.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 5:04:52 PM   
KPAX

Yep, that is what I said.  Only those two can convert(Upgrade) ships.  Anyone can repair them if they have a SY.

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 9
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 5:09:07 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Yep, that is what I said.  Only those two can convert(Upgrade) ships.  Anyone can repair them if they have a SY.

Um, convert does NOT equal upgrade, i think.

Upgrade means getting additional AA guns, or new radar - you will see a change in the ship from say "USS Bucketofbolts" to USS Bucketofbolts, 1942". It will still be the same ship type - i.e. - if it was a DD before, it will still be a DD.

And, any naval shipyard can do this.

Convert will change a ship to a different class - an AK to AS, for instance.

EDIT - Conversions shouldn't show SYS damage - they only show up when the ship is completely converted.

Upgrades WILL show SYS damage.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 4/13/2007 5:10:49 PM >

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 10
RE: Ships getting damaged in port. - 4/13/2007 7:05:49 PM   
AmiralLaurent

R is right, conversion, upgrade and repair are different processus

Conversion may be done only in Osaka (for Japan), Karachi and SF (Allied) and will change the type of the ship (from CS to CV, from AK to AR, AS, AE, MLE...). The ships will then "disappear" from the port and reapper in the list of reinforcement ships with their new type and a delay of 180 days for converted AK and of I-didn't-remember for Chitose and Chiyoda. When the ship will be available (delay = 0) it will arrive as a "new one" in the conversion port with SYS 0.

Upgrade will see the ships keep its type but "change clas" from for example 'DD Hatsuharu' to 'DD Hatsuhara 4/42'. Weapons will be changed or added, radar added, and so, for some ships the DUR will be increased (at least for one US CV). This will be possible in any base with a repair yard (for example in one PBEM I have taken PH for Japan and I have been able to upgrade Japanese ships in PH). The ship will remain in the game but will take SYS damage to show the "cost" of the upgrade. This SYS damage will depend of the durability of the ships, the higher DUR, the less SYS damage to the upgraded ship, but also the slowest it will repair. By the way to be upgraded the ship should have its upgrade option set to yes, have SYS damage 4 or less and be disbanded in a port with a repair yard.

Repair may take place everywhere, even at sea in some rare cases (but SYS damage under 5 will only be repaired if the ship is disbanded into a port). Repair yards are not mandatory but will accelerate the repair.

< Message edited by AmiralLaurent -- 4/13/2007 7:06:25 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Ships getting damaged in port. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI