Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> German Surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Surrender - 4/26/2007 4:18:29 AM   
GalacticOrigins

Perhaps this was discussed earlier.

Is there any way we can get Germany to fight to the Bitter End? Maybe a Random Event in 1944/5 that allows the German AI to continue fighting until both East and West Germany are conquered.

Well, my reasoning is that it is way too easy to finally defeat Germany. As either Soviet or Wester Allied player in single play the German juggernaut is ended rather anticlimatically. Especially considering that the AI uses some older code/reasoning that makes the German AI place more units against me and allows the opposing Ally to have a cakewalk into Germany (as Soviet, the WA has it easy, and when I play WA, the Soviet Red Army has far less trouble than when I play Soviet. Not that this is bad, but when 67% of all German forces are facing me and my AI Ally just walks in ... well ...).

I guess it was changed for multiplay or something. Still, the older Germany Fights to the Bitter End was more challenging.
Post #: 1
RE: German Surrender - 4/26/2007 2:47:07 PM   
rjh1971

Personally I'd like Germany to surrender when both East and West Germany regions were conquered by the allies (WA or USSR), independently of Austria or Checoslovakia wbeing in allied hands or not.
Sometimes Germany surrenders with a lot of units when forced to retreat from W or E Germany if the conditions are met, that is Austria or Checoslovakia and East Prussia being allied controlled. This seems to me a bit unrealistic, Hitler made Germany fight till the bitter end.

(in reply to GalacticOrigins)
Post #: 2
RE: German Surrender - 4/26/2007 4:43:53 PM   
JanSorensen

Have you tried modding the scenario files yourself? My guess is that its possible.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 3
RE: German Surrender - 4/26/2007 5:37:24 PM   
schury

well that may help to balance the game if it is proved that germany is weak against WA/Russia human players.

contact me if you wanna a new game:)

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 4
RE: German Surrender - 4/27/2007 12:44:26 AM   
GalacticOrigins

mod?
er, well, ok.

The file needing altered is wawgoldscen39

Seems I shall have to dig and find the codes, or interpret this. I guess I can do that, not hard. Maybe not tonight tho.

Thanks JS! I'll check into the mod for this, if it works that would be cool.

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 5
RE: German Surrender - 4/27/2007 12:54:14 AM   
GalacticOrigins

er, here is the line I think needs changing ...

SURRENDER_COMPLEX,PLAYER_GER,PLAYER_UN,103,66,0,67,0,-69,-1,-70,-1,-343,-1,

also, there are a few lines rem'd...

// Surrender conditions ... if all these areas are lost ... loser has al units remvoed from map
// SURRENDER,<player>,<surrenders to player>,(<area>,<group>),(<area>,<group>)...
// KDB 04-04-2006 changes now surrender in groups
//SURRENDER,PLAYER_GER,PLAYER_UN,66,0,67,1,
//SURRENDER,PLAYER_GER,PLAYER_UN,67,

seems to me, some of this is from WaW, and, therefore, all I have to do is remove the rem's from the last 2 lines (or maybe just one of them, the first one?), and add rem's to the complex line (the complex line undoubtedly lists the other provinces, still, I would like Germany to surrender once they lost most, if not all, of their core/starting territories.)

Anyway, I cannot seem to find the listing for the provinces. I may check the mod section, if exists.

Also, I may check the older game, maybe I can 'borrow'. :)

edit. Ok, 66 and 67 are the provinces. Just checked from WaW. I'll edit this and the next time I play AWD it should work, but won't have time tonight. Thanks again!

Final edit. Yeah, I see AWD has regions as well, no prob.

er, well, maybe these 0 and 1 are other players. Anyway, I'll figure it out.

< Message edited by GalacticOrigins -- 4/27/2007 1:07:34 AM >

(in reply to GalacticOrigins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> German Surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI