Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Search

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Naval Search Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Search - 5/2/2007 9:08:09 PM   
Q-Ball

Aircraft classified as "Recon" get significant bonuses on Recon missions on enemy bases, in terms of spotting ships/troops/planes on the ground. They are much better than other A/C.

On Naval Search, though, is there a difference between using a Dinah, an Emily, or a Nell on Naval Search, or does it not matter with the type of aircraft?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Search - 5/2/2007 9:14:14 PM   
Feinder

I remember in the manual it says that the cruise speed of an aircraft affects it Search ability. The LOWER the cruise speed, the better it is at search. But I don't recall it mentioning anything about the aircraft TYPE (float, patrol, recon, bomber) affecting it's chance to spot.

-F-

** However, I'll say that I haven't noticed much of a difference. I usualy set my F-5s to recon w/ 50% search (since the whole sqdn never flies recon anyway). And those guys spot plenty of ships (and they've got a pretty high cruising speed = 310).

< Message edited by Feinder -- 5/2/2007 10:02:11 PM >

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Search - 5/3/2007 8:38:38 AM   
Sardaukar

It would make sense to have some sort of bonus for patrol planes. But until Devs/programmers can confirm it, cannot say if there is any difference.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Naval Search Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI