Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small Graphics Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Small Graphics Pack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 2:16:26 AM   
Fintilgin

Hi, I whipped up a small graphics pack, and thought I'd post it here and on the Slitherine forums in case anyone else was interested. It does a couple things. First off, it changes the little pictures of terrain to color ones I stole from a HOI fanpack and off the internet. Next it gives the Germans a more historical flag. Finally, it modifies the unit badges so that a unit that moves displays NO badge rather then a pale one. In my opinion this makes it much more obvious which units you've used and which you haven't in any given turn.

To install just backup your \image folder and then copy mine into your game directory. You can copy your backup back if you change your mind. It should also be easy to use it in a modular manner. If you don't want the historical flag, delete all my files that start in 'flag', if you don't want the new badges delete all the files starting with 'emblem', etc.

Here's the download link, sorry for the crappy free file sever. :(
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5f64a7/

Here's a quick picture. You can see a sample of what I changed here. New flag, invisible badges, and color terrain.
http://img35.picoodle.com/img/img35/8/6/23/f_ceawtweakm_bb2fc82.jpg

Enjoy!
Post #: 1
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 6:37:44 AM   
Curious

Is your file still on this website? When I use your link I get the website, but I also get the message "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". When I searched on "commander" and "graphics" that didn't turn up your file. I would definitely like to use the "real" German flag. I always change to that flag in HOI/DD/Arma.

CB

p.s. What's the name of your file? Maybe that will help find it.

< Message edited by Curious -- 6/24/2007 6:43:21 AM >

(in reply to Fintilgin)
Post #: 2
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 10:22:01 AM   
Dave Ferguson

On the second try i got to filefactory and your file was there
CEAW_GfxPack.zip
BUT I can't see any way of downloading it ????? or even clicking on it!!!

Dave

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 3
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 11:07:15 AM   
JudgeDredd

Same as Dave here....no way of downloading it. I suspect you have to be registered, so it's a "no download" from me.....but thanks for the efforts.

Maybe you could find someone else to host on here...I'd offer but have no idea how I would go about such a thing (being a programmer I'm a bit embarrassed about that...but I have nothing to do with the internet and hosting, ftp etc).

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Dave Ferguson)
Post #: 4
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 11:09:17 AM   
JudgeDredd

On a funny note...looking at the sample picture you supplied...I'm in early 44 and I can't remember the last time I saw a unit in the east with a WHITE strength number (meaning my units are rapidly becoming useless.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 11:32:16 AM   
Dave Ferguson

The filefactory site says you do not have to join to download but the FAQ does not tell you how

Does slitherine have a download section?

Dave

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 12:01:13 PM   
IainMcNeil

We could host the file but it would need permission from the creators of the original graphics.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 7
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 12:11:01 PM   
Dave Ferguson

good point and you are not going to get that permission without punitive charges.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 4:18:31 PM   
mustang96

hi

Just scroll down to where it say's- Download for free with filefactory basic-
click it and it will take you to the download page- scroll down and you'll see a
four letter verification code. Write the code in the box, then click on where it says-click here to begin download-.Bam file downloaded! By the way the graphic pack is quite good!

Mustang

Post #: 9
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 4:32:30 PM   
Dave Ferguson

down load worked OK, now to try it

(in reply to mustang96)
Post #: 10
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 5:13:15 PM   
Canuck_jp

Here it is

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 5:15:45 PM   
Fintilgin

Well, I made the pack at first for my own use, so honestly, copyrighted images didn't even occur to me. :( A quick look around the net shows that it's really tricky to figure out which old photos are public domain or not. I'm 99% sure the images I used from a HOI2 fan graphics pack are just 'borrowed' from the internet too. (Haha, plus I noticed I missed the images for the seaport and oilfields on my uploaded version.)

So here's a version without the color terrain pics. If you really want them 15 minutes on google should get you a good variety to replace them yourself. I also put it on filefront, which I think will make downloading easier.

This just has a homemade historical German flag and makes the inactive unit badges invisible.
http://files.filefront.com//;7871348;;/

< Message edited by Fintilgin -- 6/24/2007 5:16:14 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 7:24:33 PM   
Dave Ferguson

the unit moved graphics certainly make it easier to see the flashing icons BUT some of those graphics have different file sizes to the originals. This may cause a problem?

I am currently playing a TCPIP game and we are into 1942 and when we started this afternoons session the game froze after my (axis) first turn. I had the  new graphics and wonder if they are causing a problem. We tried again and the same thing happened. Then when after a reboot and replacing the original graphics the game seems Ok

Dave

(in reply to Fintilgin)
Post #: 13
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/24/2007 7:36:57 PM   
Fintilgin

Ah, sorry to hear that. :( There probably is some sort of check to make sure multiplayer versions are identical. It seems to work fine on single player.

Post #: 14
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/25/2007 2:13:32 AM   
targul

Dont know Dave I tried for about 2 hours today to get a solid TCP/IP game without success.  Designer said he is working on the problem and will be priority in patch so I am a happy camper for the moment.

(in reply to Fintilgin)
Post #: 15
RE: Small Graphics Pack - 6/25/2007 6:17:28 PM   
willgamer

FYI...

Actually I had a single player problem. The pack worked great right after I installed it. I fired up a saved game and saw the improvements, but didn't play. The next day when I started CEAW, even the initial splash screens and menus came up all white on white. Renaming the old folder back fixed everything.

Odd.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to Fintilgin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Small Graphics Pack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI