Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> For Liberty! Support >> Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/20/2007 3:00:08 AM   
leftydad

Well, I bought FOR LIBERTY because of the Blitzkrieg Sale only to discover that if you have an SLI video card the game won't work. The most recent thread about fixing this glitch is from January, so I figure I threw away $40.

Others might want to hesitate before spending the money. I wish I had.

James
Post #: 1
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/20/2007 5:18:36 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: leftydad

Well, I bought FOR LIBERTY because of the Blitzkrieg Sale only to discover that if you have an SLI video card the game won't work. The most recent thread about fixing this glitch is from January, so I figure I threw away $40.

Others might want to hesitate before spending the money. I wish I had.

I was one of the original people that discovered this over a year ago when the game first came out. They tried a couple of times with a different EXE file but I still always got the blue screen of death. They blamed NVIDIA drivers. If you disable SLI it runs OK in that respect.

(in reply to leftydad)
Post #: 2
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/26/2007 2:34:39 PM   
HussarGames

It DOES work with SLI. Disable SLI mode and it will run. We have this confirmed.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 3
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/26/2007 5:15:15 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

It DOES work with SLI. Disable SLI mode and it will run. We have this confirmed.

That's not working with SLI! Turning SLI off is NOT working with SLI?! You told me a year ago that this was NVIDIA's fault. However, you made a couple tries with your exe file but it never would work with SLI turned on.

So it still does not work in SLI mode... how's that for correct wording?

(in reply to HussarGames)
Post #: 4
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 12:30:42 AM   
Venator

Larry be fair. English is not their first language.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 12:51:02 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Venator

Larry be fair. English is not their first language.

It's got nothing to do with their language! I worked with them for over a year ago several times on this and they know exactly what SLI is. Saying this game is SLI compatible by turning off SLI is like saying my refrigerator works fine, just don't plug it in. There's no language problem here. They communicated just fine those times we tried different executable files.

(in reply to Venator)
Post #: 6
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 3:56:39 PM   
HussarGames

It does work with SLI cards. It is just that you have to disable SLI.
It is not the same as unplugging the refrigerator, because with disabling SLI your computer will still work and the game will work too.
When our game engine was created there was no SLI in sight. It is a 3rd party 2D layer that we use. We cannot afford to change the engine, it would be a major effort. Unfortunately we cannot spend months doing this.
We contacted NVidia about this problem and they simply ignore us. It is not the game that is crashing, it is the NVidia driver that is crashing. We are sure this is because SLI is not compatible downward.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 7
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 4:21:52 PM   
HansBolter

Man am I ever glad I saw this thread.

I have been vacilliating for some time over whether or not to buy this game.

While I find the subject matter and the game format appealing I will not disable video card functions to facilitate a single program.

NVidia is the standard of the industry and a lack of compatibility with their drivers is the kiss of death for a program.

Post #: 8
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 4:52:24 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Man am I ever glad I saw this thread.

I have been vacilliating for some time over whether or not to buy this game.

While I find the subject matter and the game format appealing I will not disable video card functions to facilitate a single program.

NVidia is the standard of the industry and a lack of compatibility with their drivers is the kiss of death for a program.

The game has no problem at all with NVIDIA drivers. SLI support is the problem. Simply turning of SLI (which can be done through the Forceware driver GUI) is all it needs. You do not get a speed penalty or something since SLI only gives you more performance with SLI enabled software.

For Liberty! is not the only game out there that does not support SLI or has problems with SLI. Even "World of Warcraft" one of the most sucessfull AAA releases of the last year has(had SLI problems. There is gazillions of other games out there that have SLI problems too. So please give the guys a break. Proper SLI support is by far not a thing that is common, as is SLI itself.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 4:55:42 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

It does work with SLI cards. It is just that you have to disable SLI.
It is not the same as unplugging the refrigerator, because with disabling SLI your computer will still work and the game will work too.
When our game engine was created there was no SLI in sight. It is a 3rd party 2D layer that we use. We cannot afford to change the engine, it would be a major effort. Unfortunately we cannot spend months doing this.
We contacted NVidia about this problem and they simply ignore us. It is not the game that is crashing, it is the NVidia driver that is crashing. We are sure this is because SLI is not compatible downward.

Yes it works with SLI cards. It does NOT work in SLI mode with both cards running in SLI. Maybe I said it wrong but my 2nd post above before I got hammered by replies says that if you disable SLI it works fine. I should have said "DON'T FORGET TO DISABLE SLI BEFORE PLAYING!" My 2nd post above... please read it.

What used to be so annoying that started all of this is that if I would forget to disable SLI, the blue screen of death is what I would get. PC locked up tighter than a frogs butt. Horrible consequences many times.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 7/27/2007 5:10:00 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 5:15:14 PM   
HansBolter

So can SLI be disbaled for this program alone when it launches or does it have to be turned of for everything forcing the user to remember to turn it back on for other programs after exiting the game? If it's the latter, then it simply isn't going to happen in my world.

Sorry if that sounds harsh Marc, but's it's just the simple reality of an inconvenience that would keep me from wanting to purchase the product.

Don't worry as there are still several more Matrix games on my "to buy" list.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 11
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 5:19:09 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

So can SLI be disbaled for this program alone when it launches or does it have to be turned of for everything forcing the user to remember to turn it back on for other programs after exiting the game? If it's the latter, then it simply isn't going to happen in my world.

Sorry if that sounds harsh Marc, but's it's just the simple reality of an inconvenience that would keep me from wanting to purchase the product.

Don't worry as there are still several more Matrix games on my "to buy" list.

Well, I know that in the Forceware driver of NVIDIA you can make custom profiles (AA level, Af levels, picture quality, resolutions etc. etc. etc) for almost any application/software that sits on your hard disk. So I'm pretty sure you can also include SLI on/off in these kind of profiles.

Check you Forceware drivers interface. It is pretty straight forward and you should find what I mean.

I would like to check into this personally and run you guys through it but I'm on a MAC these days

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 12
RE: Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away - 7/27/2007 5:25:01 PM   
LarryP

quote:

That's exactly how it is. You said it perfectly. The latter. It's easy to turn off but you better remember to do it. I never expected SLI to help this game. It just gives you the blue lock up screen. Sometimes requiring chkdsk and more. I got tired of it. I renamed the shortcut to Liberty with a note to disable SLI. That helped a lot.

Out of about 80 games or more, I never found a single game that did not work in SLI mode. Even Jagged Alliance which is pretty old. I have played many older games and never had an SLI problem. Even DOS games I never had a problem.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 7/27/2007 5:30:06 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> For Liberty! Support >> Blitzkrieg Sale--threw my money away Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI