Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unselecting A Unit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unselecting A Unit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unselecting A Unit? - 11/3/2007 5:34:15 PM   
Krasny

how do i unselect a unit?

Post #: 1
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/3/2007 6:32:46 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Not to be a smart-aleck, but....select another unit. You can use the Next or Previous buttons to cycle through your units.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 2
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/3/2007 7:58:22 PM   
m10bob

You can also move the unit one hex and then hit the "undo" button, provided the unit took no hits on that move.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 3
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/3/2007 8:41:30 PM   
Huffy

If your talking about unit selection in the begining of a battle or maybe a generated battle/camp.,....if you pick/buy something that you decide you don't want,...just go to the list at the right side where it shows you what you have bought, and just click on the unit you want to return.
For example...if you bought a squad of "M1" bazookas, and then decide you wanted the "M9" ,just click on the M1's on your list...they will be returned...then click on the M9's and you will get them in thier place.
Huffy

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 4
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/4/2007 7:14:58 PM   
Krasny

actually i was trying to click on a hex without moving a unit, inorder to get terrain information

because i had played with the tooltip settings, tooltip info was taking way to long

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 5
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/4/2007 8:07:35 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krasny

actually i was trying to click on a hex without moving a unit, inorder to get terrain information

because i had played with the tooltip settings, tooltip info was taking way to long

simply hover your mouse over the hex,,,,make sure you have 'hex info' on in your prefs

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 6
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/4/2007 11:21:06 PM   
Gerry4321

Hello All:

1. I seem to have the same issues as Krasny. Seems to take a lot time for the Hex Info to display and I don't understand why that is. Is there a setting to speed this up?

2. I would also like to be able to deselect a unit without selecting another one. But from the answers it does not seem possible to do this?

3. The screen is darkened most of the time so I am continually hitting "U". If I want to know how far a unit can move/Fire I can hit F7/F8. Is there a way to change the default behavior of darkening the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/4/2007 11:28:34 PM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Hello All:

1. I seem to have the same issues as Krasny. Seems to take a lot time for the Hex Info to display and I don't understand why that is. Is there a setting to speed this up?

2. I would also like to be able to deselect a unit without selecting another one. But from the answers it does not seem possible to do this?

3. The screen is darkened most of the time so I am continually hitting "U". If I want to know how far a unit can move/Fire I can hit F7/F8. Is there a way to change the default behavior of darkening the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

1. Change the Delay setting for the "Live Delay" in the Preferences. Setting it to XXX means an almost instant "tooltip" message appears when the cursor passes over a hex.
2. No, you cannot "deselect" a unit.
3. Sounds like you have things running in the background of your PC. This game is old enough that it does not like to "share" CPU resources, so anything that is running (virus checkers, updaters, etc.) that periodically accesses the resources (memory and/or disk space) will cause the game's display routine to "black out". There is nothing in the game that can change this...you have to change the way your PC manages resources and background processes, or else learn to live with the occasional "black screen".

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 8
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/4/2007 11:47:06 PM   
Gerry4321

Thanks FlashfyreSP.

I did not mean that the scree blackens. Rather a part of the map is darkened to show where a unit can move to. When I hit U all is bright again. I just wish all hexes would stay bright until I hit the function key to see how far a unit can move.

Take care,

Gerry

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 9
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/5/2007 12:23:55 AM   
junk2drive

IIRC you can invert that.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 10
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/5/2007 3:02:32 AM   
vahauser

Gerry,

In the General Preferences section turn Move Radius OFF.  This will accomplish what you want to do.

P.S.  Should this thread be moved to the Training Center?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 11
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/5/2007 3:18:51 AM   
Alby

quote:

Hello All:

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

As for # 3...this could be your move radius preference, there is one that makes your move radius appear dark....change it to the other one and see if that helps

< Message edited by Alby -- 11/5/2007 3:20:35 AM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 12
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/5/2007 5:12:00 AM   
Gerry4321

Hello All:

Thanks for the help. Seems that is a 3-way toggle in Preferences. But still doesn't do what I want! When I select a unit I do not want their move radius to be highlighted. But I would like to be able to use F8 to display that radius if I want. When I select a unit I don't always want to see the move radius.

Thanks,

Gerry

(in reply to vahauser)
Post #: 13
RE: Unselecting A Unit? - 11/5/2007 2:19:40 PM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

Hello All:

Thanks for the help. Seems that is a 3-way toggle in Preferences. But still doesn't do what I want! When I select a unit I do not want their move radius to be highlighted. But I would like to be able to use F8 to display that radius if I want. When I select a unit I don't always want to see the move radius.

Thanks,

Gerry

Sorry, you can't "customize" the way the Move Radius works outside of the three Preferences: Map dark and Move Radius in light hexes; Map light and Move Radius in dark hexes; or Move Radius OFF completely.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unselecting A Unit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI