Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs E... - 8/26/2007 12:47:33 AM   
Big Bang

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/

This will be real gaming pleasure,

< Message edited by Big Bang -- 8/26/2007 12:48:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/26/2007 12:59:36 AM   
dpstafford

RTS??? Real Total, er, a, Crap......

(in reply to Big Bang)
Post #: 2
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/26/2007 3:49:59 AM   
kyle_napoleon

Being an owner of all TW titles, I will be adding this title to my collection. It looks exciting and fun. I am sure the graphics will be outstanding and the game play challenging.

(in reply to Big Bang)
Post #: 3
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/26/2007 7:07:07 AM   
yammahoper

I have no need or desire for yet another RTS game of any sort.  I have had all I can stand of the excessive micromanagement required.

Of course, every game designer seems to think RTS is the only way to go, so here I am, patiently waiting, for a nice turn based game.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to kyle_napoleon)
Post #: 4
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/26/2007 9:38:07 AM   
Mark Breed

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

I have no need or desire for yet another RTS game of any sort.  I have had all I can stand of the excessive micromanagement required.

Of course, every game designer seems to think RTS is the only way to go, so here I am, patiently waiting, for a nice turn based game.

yamma

I with you on that! In fact, I find it weird that people want to play RTS where they have to be five or more people (a commander and S-1 through S-4) rolled into one and doing it all in real-time. I need the time to figure out all of the details. I guess I am just slow that way.

Mark

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 5
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/26/2007 6:41:57 PM   
Big Bang

for those to slow or fighting with Parkinson, soon there will be
http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/index.en.html# , i think it will release before EiH ,

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 6
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/27/2007 4:21:21 PM   
hlj

Ill wait for EiAnw. It has nothing to do with being to slow to play a real-time strategy game. It has all to do with love for a boardgame. I am having a hard time finding 6 other players who have time to play the boardgame with me. I am hoping to reexperience some of the joy I had playing the bordgame. And I think EiAnw is the only way to go. ^_^

< Message edited by hlj -- 8/27/2007 4:23:20 PM >

(in reply to Big Bang)
Post #: 7
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/27/2007 8:32:44 PM   
Big Bang

Yes I agree, it is not easy finding 6 other players, I had the luck playing every week with 6 friends, i think the pc version will not be true to the real game. From what i have read on this forum, it seems like some group of EiH infiltrators/lobbyists have taken over.
I and most of my fellow players regret they did not make a pc version of the game.

< Message edited by Big Bang -- 8/28/2007 9:34:31 PM >

(in reply to hlj)
Post #: 8
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/27/2007 10:23:36 PM   
PunkReaper

EiH????

(in reply to Big Bang)
Post #: 9
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/27/2007 10:28:01 PM   
PunkReaper

quote:

Ill wait for EiAnw. It has nothing to do with being to slow to play a real-time strategy game. It has all to do with love for a boardgame. I am having a hard time finding 6 other players who have time to play the boardgame with me. I am hoping to reexperience some of the joy I had playing the bordgame. And I think EiAnw is the only way to go. ^_^

Also have you tried War! Age of Imperialism. I too prefer the feel of a boardgame played on computer when there is no-one around to play, than the numerous rts games around. Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 10
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/28/2007 2:03:23 AM   
YohanTM2

do a search of the threads, EiH is mods of the original EiA by 3rd parties.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 11
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/28/2007 1:52:41 PM   
nukkxx5058

No RTS for me . No way. I hate that ... I want something as close as possible to old board games ;-)

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 12
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/28/2007 9:37:46 PM   
Big Bang

quote:

Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

The pc version of the Star Fleet Battles ( Star Trek ) games was to my opinion a good conversion of a board game.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 13
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/29/2007 1:56:38 PM   
YohanTM2

Who made this Big Bang?

I never saw it, was it PBEM play?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Bang

quote:

Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

The pc version of the Star Fleet Battles ( Star Trek ) games was to my opinion a good conversion of a board game.

(in reply to Big Bang)
Post #: 14
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/29/2007 5:09:50 PM   
PDiFolco

Do you mean StarFleet Command (I to III) ? It was done by Taldren studio - they closed doors 2 yrs ago or so- and it was distributed by Interplay.
And it was a quite nice game series, there's still an active community and numerous mods over the web.

< Message edited by PDiFolco -- 8/29/2007 5:10:11 PM >

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 15
RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who nee... - 8/30/2007 7:41:15 PM   
Big Bang

Yes I meant those, There are several pc games out theere that stay true to the original concept, just sad that it will not be the case for this game.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI