Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible fix for some peoples loading problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Possible fix for some peoples loading problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible fix for some peoples loading problems - 2/4/2008 2:52:58 AM   
Lebatron

For me getting the game to load up right has been about 50/50. When it fails I get a black screen instead of the Matrix logo. crt/alt/del to kill the commander process will bring me back to desktop, but each load after that will end up failing too. I have to reboot the computer to get the game to load the 50% of the time it does. Finicky Java. Anyway, I just found out what's been causing the problem for me. For some reason Install Shield had snuck unto my computer. I found the process and killed it and low and behold Commander has booted 5 times in a row without an issue after I shut down the Install Shield process. Hope this helps some.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Post #: 1
RE: Possible fix for some peoples loading problems - 2/5/2008 4:19:10 PM   
IainMcNeil

That's really odd - we dont even use installshield as we use a java installer. Sometimes you have to disable virus checkers and other stuff to get a game to work unfortunately. There is not really anything we can do about it as its the developer of the other application that needs to make a change, not us. Glad you are working again though!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Possible fix for some peoples loading problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI