Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

People's Republic--too tuff!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> People's Republic--too tuff! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
People's Republic--too tuff! - 1/31/2008 10:25:07 PM   
Rik81

I thought the PR were supposed to only have 25% of the "production" of players/other AI's. Yet in a solo game I set up, after 5 turns(!) I moved to a PR controlled production city and he had over 500 units there!!! What is going on?
Post #: 1
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 1/31/2008 10:49:22 PM   
Barthheart

I've found that the PR is very efficient at transporting units to where it thinks the most need is, but the units tend to be small number of SFT's. Once you are attacking it in several different places it gets easier as teh AI can't deside where to send stuff.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 2
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/1/2008 3:48:41 AM   
ghoward

500 huh, thats not good. I was thinking of starting a PR game myself. You could start a similar game, fog off and quickly cycle through 5 turn to see what they are doing. Are there lots of production citys?

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 3
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/1/2008 9:05:56 PM   
DasTactic

I have found that the larger the map, the more difficult the Peoples Republic (because they have more production if you optimise for AI). Usually only tough for the first 5 or 6 turns and after that they tend to dissolve into manageable cells.

I use armoured cars against them in the early phase of the game.

(in reply to ghoward)
Post #: 4
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/2/2008 12:34:06 AM   
Delyn Locksmiths

I find the game too easy with peoples republic turned on. They do slow me down, but they slow the other AI's down much more, and by the time we've worn down the peoples republic, I'm so far ahead of the other AI's they can't compete.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 5
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/2/2008 1:16:27 AM   
IRONCROM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delyn Locksmiths

I find the game too easy with peoples republic turned on. They do slow me down, but they slow the other AI's down much more, and by the time we've worn down the peoples republic, I'm so far ahead of the other AI's they can't compete.

It seemed the same for me.
The game I have going now is closer to equal. I have all the AI,s on AI+, and I put the peoples republic on AI+ with large map. My expansion is about the same as the other AI's...some more some less. With every AI on AI+ the peoples republic has 50% my production instead of 25% and the other AI's are still 25%. This way slows down my growth and not theirs.

Works for me anyway.

(in reply to Delyn Locksmiths)
Post #: 6
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/2/2008 12:27:29 PM   
serg3d1

quote:

ORIGINAL: IRONCROM
The game I have going now is closer to equal. I have all the AI,s on AI+, and I put the peoples republic on AI+ with large map. My expansion is about the same as the other AI's...some more some less. With every AI on AI+ the peoples republic has 50% my production instead of 25% and the other AI's are still 25%. This way slows down my growth and not theirs.

Works for me anyway.

Same here. 40x40 map with all 5 AI including PR at AI+. It's tough for me now - while I was dealing with PR and neighbors far away AI become way too strong. But I'm not quite experienced player.

(in reply to IRONCROM)
Post #: 7
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/3/2008 5:33:38 AM   
SMK-at-work

What is People's Republic?  I don't see any scenario of that name in the bank or supplied with the game?

(in reply to serg3d1)
Post #: 8
RE: People's Republic--too tuff! - 2/3/2008 6:30:39 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

What is People's Republic?  I don't see any scenario of that name in the bank or supplied with the game?

The latest real update has a setting for Random games where there is added one more AI on top of what you choose. It will own everything at the start but only produces 25% of what you can.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> People's Republic--too tuff! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI