Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Meeting engagements on eastern front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Meeting engagements on eastern front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Meeting engagements on eastern front - 9/23/2000 2:56:00 PM   
mogami

Well I have fought 3 meeting engagements online and have 2 still going on 3000pt east front 43. They have all been draws with me on low end of score (3000 to 2000) It is getting kind of frustrating watching hull down in cover T-34's brew up against Panthers and Tigers. ( I know they are good tanks) Last battle I had 4 tanks 1 hex away from a JG38 and could not kill it!!! Kill it hell I could not hit it. I under went 7 air attacks of 4 planes each in first 10 turns. But don't get the wrong idea, cause I have loved every minute of these battles and can't wait for more. But even up the Ruskies would have been in trouble guess I must have a good unit always running up against all the Panthers and Tigers (well some Mk-IV's) But I always run out of tanks and have to call for more!!I have not had any crashes and only odd thing seems to be we see each others breakdowns (had infantry breakdown poor sods) ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited September 23, 2000).]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Post #: 1
- 9/23/2000 4:38:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami: Well I have fought 3 meeting engagements online and have 2 still going on 3000pt east front 43. They have all been draws with me on low end of score (3000 to 2000) It is getting kind of frustrating watching hull down in cover T-34's brew up against Panthers and Tigers. ( I know they are good tanks) Last battle I had 4 tanks 1 hex away from a JG38 and could not kill it!!! Kill it hell I could not hit it.
Use Molotovs against the tanks .. and watch the game brew up Or go in the OOB and change sound of W#085 to "0" and watch the tanks brew up Have a look at the skills etc. of your commanders - you'll see that "armor 50" is a really "solid" skill level .. but the Germans are around "armor 85" at that point, so do you really wonder why you don't hit them Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 2
- 9/23/2000 11:52:00 PM   
mogami

Yes Infantry gets most of my tank kills. I usally have at least 3 companies of infantry, this is how I manage to draw the games. I have 12-20 tanks and they usally all die and the inf holds out till the end. I have had T-34's kill Panthers and Mk-IV's but never a Tiger. The inf in platoon sized mass attacks kill them (cause I have never had a german drive up next to my inf) Also is it considered bad form to purchase another countries unit; the Russian glider can not carry a AT gun but the US WACO can, would it be bad form for the Soviets to buy some? ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited September 23, 2000).]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 3
- 9/26/2000 5:30:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami: I usally have at least 3 companies of infantry ....I have 12-20 tanks and they usally all die and the inf holds out till the end.I have had T-34's kill Panthers and Mk-IV's but never a Tiger. The inf in platoon sized mass attacks kill them (cause I have never had a german drive up next to my inf) Also is it considered bad form to purchase another countries unit; the Russian glider can not carry a AT gun but the US WACO can, would it be bad form for the Soviets to buy some?
If all of your tanks die in one battle, and you've to rush your inf against the enemy tanks because they never drive near you .. and this against the AI .. I must say you should practice your skills a bit more, commander, and re-think your strategy and tactic . And concerning buying from other OOBs - use common sense with this, or you'll spoil the game for yourself E.g.: In a campaign Jap. vs. Ru./Chin. I bought me some (2..4) Russian BT-7, after the Russians lost 108 tanks against me in one battle, halve of them only damaged and abandoned. Or you play a what-if .. what if the Japs have gotten the plans for the Panther and build some of those in 44/45 ? And it was quite common in North Africa to use captured euipment emmidiatly .. So I wouldn't consider it "bad form" if you buy some gliders which in reality could have been given as war aid (cannot recall how this programm was called ..) Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 4
- 9/26/2000 6:56:00 PM   
Fredde

Use artillery and infantry in combination to kill the tanks, very effective! Take close shots with your T-34's at supressed enemy tanks. Have your tanks work together with infantry, not independent. Try to make the Germans come to you, by using the excellent speed of your t-34s to reach the better positions. If you move and shoot your hit percentage will go down even more, try stay in advantageous terrain and stand still when firing at those gerrys. At long ranges the Germans will win every duel easily because of higher skills and better fire control. Use tons of smoke to screen them.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 5
- 9/27/2000 4:24:00 AM   
Tombstone

Because of the relatively strong side armor T-34s are just hating it when they go up against Tigers. In tank combat you simply cannot expect Russia to hold up against Germany after 1943. You have to be very creative with tanks to win tank on tank battles against GE forces, unless you pin the quality levels manually. Tomo

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Meeting engagements on eastern front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI