Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WR Logic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> WR Logic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WR Logic - 4/25/2008 7:28:15 AM   
Hoop27

Ok. I have to admit this is driving me a little squirrely. I'm getting sick of watching recievers running routes 8 yards out of bounds. Is it not possible to try and get the recievers to modify their route to stay in the field? (now if the throw takes the WR out of bounds fine. but running a route to the cheerleader is a little silly)
Post #: 1
RE: WR Logic - 4/25/2008 7:41:05 AM   
Marauders

That begs the question: why are you calling routes that make your receivers run out of bounds?

One thing to keep in mind when creating plays is that the ball is not always right in the center of the field.  It is important to leave some room on the outsides of the play in case the play is on the hashmarks on one side or get used to using the Move To: commands wisely.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 2
RE: WR Logic - 4/25/2008 8:16:30 AM   
Hoop27

well clearly you dont want to run plays going out of bounds. but most plays will have routes that will eventually take a player out of bounds. (if the qb scrambles for example)

As for the plays themselves I've been going through most of the d/l play packs. and the patterns are drawn up correctly the WR just needs a slight AI tweak.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: WR Logic - 4/25/2008 9:32:28 AM   
Marauders

It really depends on what one does with the patterns and the progression timing.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 4
RE: WR Logic - 4/25/2008 11:32:25 PM   
therhino

I have the same problem and with the Fun n Gun playbook. Hoop27, try some playbooks at FBMax, they normally are pretty good.\
therhino

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 12:36:02 AM   
Marauders

I am changing the Fun and Gun, so that shouldn't be a problem in plays that are not designed to go out of bound to stop the clock.

The Fun and Gun offensive plays were designed prior to the release two years ago, so they were due for some updates.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 6
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 1:08:34 AM   
Hoop27

it has nothing to do with the plays imo. When you reached the end of your route in real life you come back to the QB, or slide into an open area. Though I could imagine a couple coaches I had thinking running the cheerleader out route as being funny.

Plain and simple I would assume that every player on the field would have the awareness to understand where the field of play is. nothing more than that.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 3:37:02 AM   
Marauders

quote:

it has nothing to do with the plays imo. When you reached the end of your route in real life you come back to the QB, or slide into an open area.

As I recall, there was a discussion about the AI doing that.

If the route takes the receiver out of bounds, there isn't much that the AI can do.

Do you have any plays that you would like me to look at specifically?

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 8
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 3:53:46 AM   
Hoop27

2/3's of the pass plays I have been using have a route that will eventually take a player OB anything that is an out is trouble.

all the AI essentially has to say is when I hit OB the route is over and now I come back to the QB or get open.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 7:36:03 AM   
Marauders

quote:

2/3's of the pass plays I have been using have a route that will eventually take a player OB anything that is an out is trouble.

I'll take a look.

quote:

all the AI essentially has to say is when I hit OB the route is over and now I come back to the QB or get open.

If the AI did that, then it would be difficult to have plays set up for a two minute drill.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 10
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 9:39:20 AM   
Hoop27

quote:

If the AI did that, then it would be difficult to have plays set up for a two minute drill.

not at all. if you are in a 2 min offense the WR AI should have the common sense to get out of bounds. however if the WR is covered on the sideline he doesn't just stand there, nor does he go visit the cheerleaders (T.O. being the exception ;) ) he should in theory do one of three things (at least this is what I was taught when I played) A) come back to the QB (2 min drill staying close to the line) B) go deep (again 2 min drill staying close to the sideline) C) find an open spot in the flat. (not as desirable in a 2 min drill but better than a sack)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 12:01:59 PM   
gwilkins

I would have to agree with hoop 27. In real life most wide receivers are told to not align further than out side of the numbers no matter what hash mark the ball is on.  There fore all routes are based on starting from the numbers.  For example if the ball is on the left hash mark and a player is split right, they take a bigger split than if the ball  is on the left hash mark and they are split to the left.  Basically what I am saying is if the receiver is assigned to run an out route they do not line up hugging the sideline.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 12
RE: WR Logic - 4/26/2008 6:27:19 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Basically what I am saying is if the receiver is assigned to run an out route they do not line up hugging the sideline.

I know what receivers are coached to do.  I design plays with that in mind, but other than a few plays for the indoor game, I only have defensive plays actually in the game at this time.

One has to consider that Maximum Football is one of the only games that allows routes to be hand crafted.  Most other games have predefined routes.  We all want the game to do as much to act as realistic as possible, but there are limitations.  That stated, it has been my understanding that there was AI code to have the receiver go to space at the end of his route, but if that route takes him out of bound by play design, I don't know how the AI would handle that.

(in reply to gwilkins)
Post #: 13
RE: WR Logic - 4/27/2008 5:33:24 AM   
Hoop27

hence why it goes on the wishlist ;)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 14
RE: WR Logic - 4/28/2008 3:53:03 PM   
Mykal

Same here Hoop

WR's almost in the stands,
Now I aint Payton Manning or nothing but if I was the QB I wouldnt throw to someone way off the field
and I aint no Randy Moss either but I wouldnt run a route that took me to the hot dog stand either
Yet it happens all the time,

I use only the premade playbooks & playbooks made by others (who know what they are doing better than me)
and it still happens every game.

Mykal

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 15
RE: WR Logic - 4/28/2008 4:04:10 PM   
Marauders

If you guys could write down some of the specififc plays, I can see what's up.

While I suspect it is a play design issue, I'd like to be able to test the specific plays.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 16
RE: WR Logic - 4/29/2008 8:02:51 AM   
Hoop27

run any out pattern lol especially on the short side of the field.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 17
RE: WR Logic - 4/29/2008 8:09:35 AM   
therhino

I hate it when a guy runs out the back of the endzone. No player should ever run out the back of the endzone EVER. When a player reaches the end of the endzone they should just turn around. This is one of my only problems with the game.
therhino

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 18
RE: WR Logic - 4/30/2008 11:09:03 PM   
chad56s

This is a fantastic wish list item.  I agree with Hoop.  

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> WR Logic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI