Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Delete saved games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Delete saved games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delete saved games - 7/18/2007 1:10:06 AM   
talio

Just started G.G. World at War World Divided. How to delete saved games? Manual not much help.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Delete saved games - 7/19/2007 9:11:00 AM   
christian brown

Hiya Talio,
Simply open wherever it is that you save your games, typically, this will be something like C drive, MatrixGames, GGwaW, sav
or such, an easy way to find them is to run a search in windows for any goofy file names you've used for your saves, like: AlliedWin1941

then just delete them.

If I recall correctly, there is no way to delete files from withing the game structure itself.

Best of luck and hope this helped : )

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to talio)
Post #: 2
RE: Delete saved games - 7/19/2007 9:52:18 AM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: christian brown

Hiya Talio,
Simply open wherever it is that you save your games, typically, this will be something like C drive, MatrixGames, GGwaW, sav
or such, an easy way to find them is to run a search in windows for any goofy file names you've used for your saves, like: AlliedWin1941

then just delete them.

If I recall correctly, there is no way to delete files from withing the game structure itself.

Best of luck and hope this helped : )

Hi Christian you forgot the save folder is within the dat folder
And also iirc when saving a game you can delete others saved ones.
If you're your searching for saved files their just enter *.psv andthey will be displayed, I think there is another extension sav??, but can't check it out right now, anyway they are all in the save folder.

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Delete saved games - 7/19/2007 5:55:15 PM   
Joel Billings

There is a button on the save game screen to delete the currently selected save game.

(in reply to talio)
Post #: 4
RE: Delete saved games - 3/6/2008 8:26:38 PM   
wolf4

Hello rjh1971 and Joel Billings. This is a long shot really and has nothing to do with deleting saved games - it does have a delete button as was already mentioned. It is just I noticed you were talking about the "saving button" and thought If I may be permitted to expand the issue a bit.

Just wondered if anyone ever had the problem that I am now getting everytime I want to open the saved games button by clicking on it, I get this "Runtime Error!" message and after that everything freezes.

I have two saved games in there and now I cannot get to it because of this error message. I have had this problem repeatedly. I thought I had the prolem "licked" when I reinstalled the game and started at "zero" again but then the issue has come back to haunt me.

My game was purchased a few days ago digit loaded - but I am getting the physical shipment later - and the version of the game purchased is 1.020. I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (2002).

If you have any input on this issue it would be welcomed. Thanks for reading this and good gaming.

< Message edited by wolf4 -- 3/6/2008 8:27:49 PM >

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 5
RE: Delete saved games - 3/6/2008 11:26:58 PM   
rjh1971

Hi Wolf4:

Are you sure the digital download came with v1.02 because that is a beta patch still not released officialy.
As I see it the game probably came with v1.011 and you upgraded to v1.02.
I have ran into the Runtime Error myself and this is because these two version are incompatible, in order to make the load game work you have to delete all old saves and autosaves from the previous versions then you won't get this error.
If you have a game from v1.011 or earlier you will have to reinstall the game in a different folder and not apply the latest beta patch, in order to play and finish it.

Hope this helps, if not solved contact WanderingHead, he's the one making all changes in the code and upgrading the game.

Rafael.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 3/6/2008 11:28:24 PM >

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 6
RE: Delete saved games - 3/7/2008 12:06:30 AM   
wolf4

Hi rjh1971

Thanks for your post, much appreciated.

Yes, this is where I am confused! The digital download was downloaded as such and I noticed that it is v1.02. I have no original to go to! Unless the two of them are together in the same files, but then I am not all that brilliant with computers.

I have no original game to go to, that is my problem. I wish I too could help. Because what I downloaded from the direct digital purchase is what I have on my disc, and that is it. If there is the original version, I do not know where it would be. I only downloaded what they downloaded to me at time of purchase.

Where, by the way, do I contact WanderingHead?

Once again thanks for your help.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 7
RE: Delete saved games - 3/7/2008 1:00:47 AM   
rjh1971

WanderingHead is the moderator in AWD, just go to the "member list" and do a search of him once found send him a pm or you can post a thread asking for help, most surely he will read this and try to give you some help.

Have you tried deleting the autosaves, I think that the game came with an autosave by default delete it from AWD/data/save folder and you will probably get rid of the runtime error.

Rafael.

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 8
RE: Delete saved games - 3/7/2008 1:53:20 AM   
wolf4

Thanks for your quick reply rjh1971.

Yes I do believe there is an autosave, I remember seeing it there once when I was deleting my saved games trying to "fiddle around" desperately looking for a solution. Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it!

At the moment I am doing two things at once, am in the middle of writing an email to someone and reading your post. When I finish the email I will try the deleting trick on the autosave and hope for the best. Failing that will contact the moderator.

Once again thank you very much for helping me out on such a trifle matter!

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 9
RE: Delete saved games - 3/7/2008 9:10:57 AM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

I think that the game came with an autosave by default delete it from AWD/data/save folder and you will probably get rid of the runtime error.

This might well be the problem that several people have experienced. The installation comes with an autosave which is incompatible to the latest patch(es).

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 10
RE: Delete saved games - 3/8/2008 2:22:36 AM   
wolf4

Gkar, you are right I believe.

I did what was advised and deleted the autosave. So far it seems to have worked! Thanks for the advice from rjh1972.

The digital purchase sent to me was not unfortunately the original untainted version but was the v.1.02 which was incompatible and I assume will be in the physical shipment sent to me? This means I guess I am stuck with a version that is incompatible as my default disc.

Do you think any other updates will be able to still cancel my bad version of 1.02 which is at the moment my default version since the digital download was not the original untainted version, if you know what I mean?

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 11
RE: Delete saved games - 3/8/2008 2:35:39 AM   
wolf4

rjh1971 you were right! It works!

So far I haven't had any problems with it and I have been doing some test runs to see if it is secure. So far it is. So a big thanks to you for giving me that advice.

Unfortunately my default version - that was digitally purchased - will not be the original version. Instead it wil be v.1.02. I hope that when future versions come out they will be able to cancel out the incompatible version which I have as my default.

Once again thanks for your help. I think I'll go out on the howl now and celebrate.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 12
RE: Delete saved games - 3/8/2008 12:38:10 PM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolf4

The digital purchase sent to me was not unfortunately the original untainted version but was the v.1.02 which was incompatible and I assume will be in the physical shipment sent to me? This means I guess I am stuck with a version that is incompatible as my default disc.

Well, it's not a real problem after all, is it? When installing just delete the autosave before starting your first game (which you might want to save) - problem solved.

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 13
RE: Delete saved games - 3/8/2008 5:48:59 PM   
wolf4

Gkar, you are right about that I know. It is not a big problem. I was being a bit of a perfectionist there. I was just afraid that other issues might come to the surface later on.

LIke there is this very unimportant small one. Don't know if anyone noticed it. When you want to read the manual you could go to Start/Programs/GGWAWAWD/Documentation/WAWAWD Manual and click on it and it will work. However if I instead do this route "first", double click on the WAWAWD (Game Menu) icon on the desktop, the Game Menu appears on the screen. From this introductory Game Menu are the list Register, Forums, Support, etc and in the middle in big letters is the title of the game. If you click on the title it takes you to the game itself. But if you click on the "Play" button, it does not work like it used to in the previous versions. In the top left corner is displayed "GAME MANUAL". So if I click on that nothing happens. I cannot get to the Game Manual. So I click "Exit". "Then" I go back to Start/Programs/GGWAWAWD/Documentation/WAWAWD Manual and click on the manual. And now it does not work! I have to restart the computer to get to the manual.

This is not a problem if I go "first" to Start/Programs/GGWAWAWD/Documentation/WAWAWD Manual and NOT do it through the other route. So I thought is this due to the latest version that I have installed? Hence I was getting that nervous feeling that other problems were going to arise. But so far no. Anyway I know, this too is a minor issue, so not to worry. Thanks anyway for replying.

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 14
RE: Delete saved games - 3/9/2008 12:49:53 AM   
rjh1971

Alternatively you can go to:

C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\Manuals

if you used the default folder, and you got the manuals, just in case the links stop working, no need to restart your pc.

Glad you got the game working, imo its a hell of a game.

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 15
RE: Delete saved games - 3/9/2008 1:28:41 AM   
wolf4

Rjh1971, thanks again for your response.

Yes, I have just tried it again to check and "no" it still doesn't work. By the way, just to emphasize, this is only a problem if I go "first" to the Game Menu screen when it appears.

But I have to "stress" that it is NOT my default path: C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\Manuals. I changed the path to: C:\Programs\PC Games\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\Manuals.

I put all games there just to keep it tidy. Now someone is going to come along and tell me next I should not have done that!

So, who knows, the fact that I did not install it to the usual default path may be the problem, don't know.

Okay I'm going to have a "bash" at the game now! Thanks for your post.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 16
RE: Delete saved games - 3/18/2008 1:40:35 PM   
Lucky1

ah... I see others have noticed the problem as well. Recommend that the autosave not be included in the download...

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 17
RE: Delete saved games - 4/12/2008 1:29:11 PM   
pndrev

I had the exact same problem.

Deleting the autosave works. However it is a Bad Thing (tm) to include a file in the official download version which causes a CTD without the user having any idea why.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 18
RE: Delete saved games - 4/25/2008 6:57:03 AM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: pndrev

I had the exact same problem.

Deleting the autosave works. However it is a Bad Thing (tm) to include a file in the official download version which causes a CTD without the user having any idea why.

I'll try to be sure that no such file is in the next patch download. Thanks.

(in reply to pndrev)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Delete saved games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI