Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Something to do While We Wait

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Something to do While We Wait Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Something to do While We Wait - 9/28/2000 5:27:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Okay, you read the 4.1 manual and updates, now you're wondering...where is it? To take your mind off of it for a little while, try the two new scenarios that just went into the depot. MOUNTED MOUNTAIN MEN A cavalry encounter in the hills of Greece in 1940 between Italians and Greeks. Something new to get away from the big powers for a change. LATECOMERS Russia entered the war against Japan at the very last minute of the conflict. It still meant some stiff fighting from perhaps the overconfident Soviets and the desperate Japanese. For those who asked for it, here it is. You'll find both of these in the SPWAW Game Depot. AND...the two campaigns that came with version 4.0 for those who for one reason or another might need them. Coming soon...to a computer near you, UTAH TO THE RHINE (Campaign), Part 2 of the Western Europe Series. PREPARING THE WAY got you through Sicily. Now you continue the war at Utah Beach, Normandy and head for the heart of Germany. Look for it in another week or so ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 9/28/2000 8:18:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I can't remember who asked for the USSR - Japanese battle, but you have it now....Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 9/28/2000 2:03:00 PM   
BomBeer

Sounds good. I'll have to give those a try. BomBeer

IYAAYAS

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 9/28/2000 6:44:00 PM   
MikeToth

Hi Bill, great distractions...... that was me who suggested, err, no wait a minute, I suggested a China VS. Japan scenario or 2.... (1930's kind of fighting, say maybe the taking of Nanking or something like that... whaddya thunk?? Mike - Cleveland Ohio

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 9/29/2000 12:46:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Still looking for good reseach material on the Japanese-Chinese conflict, Mike. Soon as I have some, I'll get on it. In the meantime, fellas, try out these new ones! They are a change from the usual US vs Germany or Japan format and should prove a refreshing change. Nothing like some suicidal Japanese charging tanks or the clumping of horses hooves in a modern warfare environment to get your blood up for battle! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 9/29/2000 3:25:00 PM   
Fredde

Just had a go at the Mounted Mountain Men scenario during my lunch break at work. Very nice scenario, interesting map with the village, the "dominating hill" (more like, are you on top of this hill the enemy can shoot you off it from two directions) and the rough/forested terrains. Played the Greek side.. one cavalry platoon occupied the village, the other cavalry platoon trying to outflank the italians to the north. My mg cav was positioned overlooking the northern road and the hill. The usual AI charge came.. i met it with mortar fire to the south and when the italians advanced into the village they were mowed down by cross-fire from the buildings. Very easy to stop it here, especially since the AI didn't bother to support the infantry attack with the armoured cars. From the north, the AI advanced towards the hill, i let them take it with just a little fire from my mg unit to greet them. When the AI was stopped to the south and my reinforcements came i attacked them on the hill from three directions with support from mortar fire. The armoured units were easily taken out with rifle grenades from a range of 2 or 3 hexes and the infantry moving on clear ground was no match for my cavalry hiding in rough/forest terrain. Final score: 1787-24 to the Greek side. Looking forward to play this one online against human opposition! Then those Autoblindatas (sp?) will be hard to stop. Any chance you can make the Greek resistance units recon? The squad entering by the hill couldn't be moved because it was out of command control the whole game. The poor sobs had to sit there with retreating lorries as their only targets.. waste of that nice AT-rifle Addition: Couldn't resist playing it from the other side as well. The Italian side was easier. A slow advance with infantry first and the armoured cars lurking behind as support did the job well. 1622-38 to the Italians. Found nothing to remark on from the Italian side, a well-balanced and well-deployed force. Oh, one thing, the AI didn't make much of an attempt to defend the village. [This message has been edited by Fredde (edited September 29, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Fredde (edited September 29, 2000).]

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 9/29/2000 7:20:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Okay, you read the 4.1 manual and updates, now you're wondering...where is it? To take your mind off of it for a little while, try the two new scenarios that just went into the depot. MOUNTED MOUNTAIN MEN A cavalry encounter in the hills of Greece in 1940 between Italians and Greeks. Something new to get away from the big powers for a change.
Looks nice, but crashes to desktop if I try to play the Greeks, and crashes also when the Partisans fire at 0-range at the Italian blackshirts .. what's going on here?? Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 9/29/2000 7:23:00 PM   
Fredde

Arralen: I had that problem too to start with, crashing when picking the Greek side. For some reason it worked when i first started the game as Italian, exited out, started it again and picked the Greek side. The other error i never noticed.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 9/29/2000 9:05:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I just started it up again as the Greeks and it played fine for me. Could be that small map is a problem for some of you. Dunno... ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Something to do While We Wait Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI