Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting firing range

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Setting firing range Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting firing range - 4/2/2002 4:09:43 AM   
robot

After setting range to fire at a short range. Does the op fire only come up for that range or shorter. Also i found if in my turn i chk to see who has a target. If any are found then hit target to find the range my setting of range has changed . In other words say range is set at 10 for pzllls. In my turn he has 3targets i do the t key to see if any are in the 10hex range. Now he will have a firing range of the last target i looked at. Is there any other way to chk to see if any of his targets are in his max range without it changing to longer range from looking. Im using the 10hex because i usually set all my inf to 5 or lower to fire and tanks maybe 3hexes further out then them.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
- 4/2/2002 4:35:34 AM   
skukko

in HQ ('H') you can set firing range for formation. It keeps it if you don't hit 'T' key. It will fire if it is fired at, no matter of range settings.

mosh

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2002 4:49:34 AM   
robot

Thanx skukko thought so. I do go thru H and set all ranges. will just do the way ive been doing. Drag target circle around and chk all targets to see if in my range i set before i fire. Also on opp fire it gives you range to target before you have to say yes.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
- 4/2/2002 4:52:27 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Also, your range will be reset if you are fired at. The new range will be whatever the enemy's firing range was. I believe this will only reset out to your units maximum. But I could be wrong about that.:rolleyes:

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
Re: Setting firing range - 4/2/2002 11:23:36 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robot
[B]After setting range to fire at a short range. Does the op fire only come up for that range or shorter. Also i found if in my turn i chk to see who has a target. If any are found then hit target to find the range my setting of range has changed . In other words say range is set at 10 for pzllls. In my turn he has 3targets i do the t key to see if any are in the 10hex range. Now he will have a firing range of the last target i looked at. Is there any other way to chk to see if any of his targets are in his max range without it changing to longer range from looking. Im using the 10hex because i usually set all my inf to 5 or lower to fire and tanks maybe 3hexes further out then them. [/B][/QUOTE]

What you're doing is hitting the T key (brings up target menu and first target) and then hitting T again to exit...but this 'sets' the target for that unit and of course increases the range accordingly. What you need to do is hit the escape key instead of T to exit that screen.

Jim NSB

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Setting firing range Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI