Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead - 10/4/2000 6:23:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Just before the publication of version 4.0, we have found out that the game cannot possibly handle 400 hundred formations. So now the maximum is around 200. It was causing all kinds of problems including the repetition of lettering (you would get two A0 units) and some units not appearing at all on the roster. The only cure was to go back to 200 formations total...counting formations of both side. Usually one side maxes out at around 100. I just tried it with the newest Utah Beach scenario and that was all I could get. The problems it creates far outweigh the advantages. Remember, the game was originally set for a smaller # of units and it just will not take the larger #. I've also found that in most cases 100 formations per side provides you with nearly a divsional sized group, depending on how you use the formations. That's pretty big for this old game. Special note for you Hammerhead, I know you were really trying to get an answer on this earlier. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 8:21:00 PM   
Charles22

Thank you Bill for that note. I was guessing that my replying 'n' to op fire not working the first time, might have been due to the somewhat unusual situation in having a tankless nation assault you (Finland), thereby giving it too many units for my memory, when of course it could've been formational instead.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI