Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motorcycles, Horses and Trucks ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Motorcycles, Horses and Trucks ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motorcycles, Horses and Trucks ??? - 8/13/2008 10:30:28 AM   
StrykerHB

Hi, I don't know why I only just thought of this and I don't know if it has been discussed before.. but I was wondering if it would be possible to change something fundamental in the game regarding Motorcycles, Horses and Trucks.... I know that rules have changed for horses and that you can now move them "riderless" (found out by accident), and you can obviously move empty trucks.. not sure about motorcycles.... but this relies on your opponent actually moving them out of the way, quite often these units are left lying around (especially motorcycles) - quite often in strategically beneficial (for the defender) hexes.... the question is, Why should it cost the attacker assault points to move over these occupied tiles? you shouldn't need to assault a bunch of unmanned motorcycles or horses to move through terrain surely, you should be able to just move straight through them and they should then disappear from the map - is this possible?
If the argument is that they would/should/may have a nominal/perceived guard in place that would need assaulting, should they not have some kind of capability?.. I mean if 5 or 6 soldiers were guarding a bunch of motorcycles (why would they) left on the main highway of a front line when the panzers and troops turn up - they would either immediately surrender or run away - they wouldn't need to be assualted and wouldn't be likely to hold up an attacking movement.....

Is there any mileage in this discussion, or is it just not possible within the game mechanics to improve on this? - just asking

all the best

Paul
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Motorcycles, Horses and Trucks ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI