Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash after loading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Crash after loading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash after loading - 2/14/2009 2:55:22 AM   
Cvetocek

Hello,

I had FoF working on my PC under XP. My hard drive had a catastrophic failure. I got a new HD, and installed Vista Ultimate. I reinstalled FoF, with the setup program run as administrator. I installed flash and shockwave. When I run FoF, I get the two intro screens. I see the loading screen with the quote, and I hear the sound. Once the blue bar is at 100%, the screen flashes black, it looks like a window is closing very fast, and I get a CTD. All drivers recently installed with their latest versions. I tried running FoF with all available compatibility modes.

I do not have an .ini file. Please attach an .ini file to the response so I can see if that helps.

Help would be much appreciated. Great game!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Crash after loading - 2/14/2009 3:13:06 AM   
Gil R.

Help is on the way, but it won't reach you until tomorrow at the earliest. (Since I can't handle this, I've just hit the metaphorical "Call Reinforcements" button...)

(in reply to Cvetocek)
Post #: 2
RE: Crash after loading - 2/14/2009 1:04:40 PM   
Cvetocek

Thanks Gil.  I found the solution this morning.  Originally, I had downloaded Flash and Shockwave via firefox.  The intro movie when dragged into firefox (a test suggested in another thread) worked, so I thought I was ok there.  This morning I decided to open the dreaded internet explorer and reinstall Flash and Shockwave.  That did the trick.

Thanks.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Crash after loading - 2/14/2009 5:04:07 PM   
Gil R.

Great. I was pretty sure you were experiencing something others had before. I'm glad those threads helped.

(in reply to Cvetocek)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Crash after loading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI