Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB not fully deployed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> OOB not fully deployed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB not fully deployed - 1/14/2009 8:52:00 PM   
Bkim

I have completed the Forces Editing and am attempting to Deploy the units, however I am receiving an error msg at this point. "The OOB is not fully defined".
I viewed the OOB and see that there are two units (copied- unit ID with + after) listed as unassigned. I can't find the units anywhere in the "Forces" development screens. Short of deleting the entire "Forces" setup is there anything else I can do?

Bkim
Post #: 1
RE: OOB not fully deployed - 1/14/2009 9:15:55 PM   
Telumar

quote:

the "Forces" development screens

This confuses me a bit. What do you mean by that?

Open the menu edit->forces (this is where you should have seen the unassigned units) You must assign them to a formation respectively create a new one for those two units. Just right click on the "unassigned" button and select "New formaton". Does that help?

(in reply to Bkim)
Post #: 2
RE: OOB not fully deployed - 1/15/2009 1:36:09 PM   
Bkim

The units do not show in the Force Editor. All other units have been assigned. I only knew about them because they show when I "view the OOB". They show up as the last two units.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 3
RE: OOB not fully deployed - 1/15/2009 6:12:29 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bkim

The units do not show in the Force Editor. All other units have been assigned. I only knew about them because they show when I "view the OOB". They show up as the last two units.

If this was happening to me, and if the situation was as described, then I would go to the force editor, go to the end of the list, go to the next unit, and try deleting it. Then repeat.

If that didn't work, then I'd go back, go to these units, make them something, assign them to a formation, and then see where I was. Assuming that worked, then I'd go back and delete the units.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Bkim)
Post #: 4
RE: OOB not fully deployed - 1/15/2009 8:50:23 PM   
Telumar

Or export the units with F4, delete the two units in the oob file and re-import the OOB via F5.

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 5
RE: OOB not fully deployed - 3/10/2009 12:49:12 AM   
Bkim

The offending units (4 Pz Bde+- twice) only show in the OOB screen (menu-view-oob), but not in the Force Editor.

I attempted the F4 and it exported the OOB at the platoon level (Inf, Tanks, etc).

Any other suggestions?

thanks

bkim

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> OOB not fully deployed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI