Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

unit strength numbers in the editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> unit strength numbers in the editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unit strength numbers in the editor - 3/30/2009 12:11:19 AM   
damezzi

I've been playing TOAW now for some time, but only against the PO, until this moment.

For the first time I tried to mess with the scenario editor to run some tests. When I first tried to configure a unit, some strange number relations seemed to take place. I began by assigning 5 rifle squads and then up (7, 8, 9 etc). Until 10 or 11, I don't remember, the unit strength kept going up; after then it came down again and then became unpredictable. I know that the counter numbers doesn't represent unit strenght precisely, but having it going down with more equipment assigned seems strange. I must say that I never noticed it while playing, but I also never kept track of the exact numbers of equipment while playing and with the varied kind of equipments usually assigned to a unit, it is very difficult to make this relation during play.

Can someone please tell me how it works. Why 20 rifle squads results in a lower displayed number than 10 squads. I must say that I didn't try to deploy the units; I'm taking into account the unit number presented in the force editor.

< Message edited by damezzi -- 3/30/2009 1:01:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: unit strength numbers in the editor - 3/30/2009 2:13:46 AM   
damezzi

Ok, just ignore it. I've placed the question to quickly. I've figure it out: values are adjusted proportionately as we create newer units, surely not to grow to large.

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 2
RE: unit strength numbers in the editor - 3/30/2009 5:19:38 PM   
Silvanski

exactly as you found out... the unit strenghts shown level out according to the amount of units you use
I had an isse in a scenario mod where Soviet artillery was showing incredible strengths of 44+ Meanwhile, while well filled and well supplied, my German panzer units only averaged 1-1  2-1 etc...by slightly lowering the amount of artillery pieces in the Soviet units, the German units show their actual strength a lot better... But as you'll know, one counter showing 4-4 vs another one showing the same won't mean they're the same strength, it's which eqp they get their strength from. also the AT vs AP strenght can decide the outcome of a combat round

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 3
RE: unit strength numbers in the editor - 3/31/2009 6:43:22 PM   
damezzi

Thanks Silvanski. Always helpful!

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> unit strength numbers in the editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI