Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shipping to germany!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Shipping to germany!? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shipping to germany!? - 4/30/2002 11:44:09 PM   
Vasquez

Hello,

I am the moderator from a little german wargamer community (around 200 member) and I saw, that a few of "my" boys are very interested in UV. Unfortunately they fears the costs (with shipping to germany around 70,-$). They would like to pay it of course, but the most of them dont want to risk to spent 70 bucks for a game they maybe dont like (most of them want a german review first).
Pazifik stuff is not really popular in germany, but a lot german boys waiting for long for a new eastern front game from Mr. Grigsby or another good wargame from him. Therfore UV is better than nothing :p

I will buy a game now and write a german review for my community and one or two german wargamers sites.

How much are the shipping costs to germany?

Feel free to contact me via mail: [email]vasquez@7id.de[/email] or [email]vasquez@wwiionline.org[/email]

Best regards
Post #: 1
Hope this helps - 5/1/2002 1:12:51 AM   
U2

Guten tag

You should contact Roland Rahn in Germany I guess. He is listed in Matrix Game's DEALERS section on their home page.

Personally I dont understand why so many europeans are worried about shipping or how to buy the game all the time. Just buy it from Chips&Bits for 50 + 12 Shipping.

I made a preorder with that company and the game will still be worth every single dollar.

Aufwiedersehen
Daniel, Schweden

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 2
- 5/1/2002 2:23:09 AM   
Vasquez

Hello Daniel from Schweden :)

I dont think, that 70 bucks is the real problem for the most germans. The "problem" ist, that they are more interested in other themes than the pazifik war. If the Eastern Front game would be gone gold for example, I think houndrets of germans will order one exemplar without thinking about the money or about any game review...

The germans which I know who are intereseted in UV, are interesed, cause its a G.Grigsby Game. And this game would be nice to fill the months of waiting for the eastern front game. Therefore this boys think two times, to spend 70 bucks only for a "time filler" or not.

For example: as wwIIonline goes gold in the US (no Euro release) I ordered 10 games in the first order. Meanwhile we bought around 120 copies. Only for my community. No one cares about the money (60 bucks intead of 75, cause of the big order), cause this is stuff, who is more for interesst for germans (cause they can fight as germans there ;) ).

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 3
- 5/1/2002 5:42:20 AM   
JDDT

Well, judging from my 14 years in the wargame business in Germany I can only say that the Pacific Theatre of WW2 is VERY popular among the real German wargamers. Gary Grigsbys "Pac War" hardly sold less copies than "War in Russia/Second Front". "Carrier Strike" also went well. So did the QQP game "World War 2-Battles of the South Pacific" (more or less a re-make of SSI's War in the South Pacific for C64/Apple).

Jens Dührkop
CoSi

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 4
- 5/1/2002 5:52:40 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

Hey Dürkop - youre still alive ????

Havent got any news from you sice almost 10 years - hell, you still have your shop ?

post the URL here plz !

thanks !

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 5
- 5/1/2002 6:20:32 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

I second Jens, Pacific area games have always been very popular among my friends and acquaintances (Rising Sun, Silent Hunter I, GNB 2+3, BotSP, PTO, CS, PacWar, Silent Service on the Amiga, Guadalcanal on the good old C64...). There is at least one "real German wargamer" left who would gladly renounce any Eastern Front game if this would ship UV to him one second faster. I want it NOW!

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 6
Wow, look at all the Germans!!! - 5/1/2002 9:13:27 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Vie geht es ihnen!!!:D

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 7
- 5/1/2002 1:34:09 PM   
U2

Guten Morgen

First of all its nice to see so many Germans here. I thought the americans and canadians had taken over this forum a long time ago.

Ok, so the boys in Germany dont want to buy a time filler game? You and your fellow war gamers seems to understand the quality of Gary Grigsby's games and should thus understand that this will NOT be a game to kill time with. This will be Mr Grigsbys finest yet I believe. I have bought his games for the last 13 years and I have never been more excited.

But I understand that you and most germans would have liked the russian front instead. But that is coming too! Someday.

Sayonara
Daniel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vasquez
[B]Hello Daniel from Schweden :)

I dont think, that 70 bucks is the real problem for the most germans. The "problem" ist, that they are more interested in other themes than the pazifik war. If the Eastern Front game would be gone gold for example, I think houndrets of germans will order one exemplar without thinking about the money or about any game review...

The germans which I know who are intereseted in UV, are interesed, cause its a G.Grigsby Game. And this game would be nice to fill the months of waiting for the eastern front game. Therefore this boys think two times, to spend 70 bucks only for a "time filler" or not.

For example: as wwIIonline goes gold in the US (no Euro release) I ordered 10 games in the first order. Meanwhile we bought around 120 copies. Only for my community. No one cares about the money (60 bucks intead of 75, cause of the big order), cause this is stuff, who is more for interesst for germans (cause they can fight as germans there ;) ). [/B][/QUOTE]

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 8
- 5/1/2002 1:38:00 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Nice try, Ron, but "Wie geht es Ihnen?" is the correct spelling. Never mind, my English is so bad I don't even bother to count the mistakes I make. Hey Matrix team, can we get a spellchecker on this forum?

Canada is the second largest land mass, the first nation in hockey, and the best part of North America. My name is Joe - AND I AM CANADIAN! :D

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 9
- 5/1/2002 3:13:47 PM   
JDDT

Mitteilung für Hr. Heindorf:
Webseite derzeit Fehlanzeige, weil schwerpunktmäßig an eigenem Spiel gearbeitet wird (nicht pazifischer Kriegsschauplatz).
Info kann ich aber per e-mail gerne raussenden. Bitte Anfrage an: [email]V3@JD-CoSi.com[/email]
MfG
J. Dührkop

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 10
- 5/1/2002 6:53:31 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Hey guys,
please don´t speak german... because everybody tries it in english (alo it is much more funnier, to write it in bad english :cool: )

No, for me, UV is no gap filler, i wan´t the game now....
I also didn´t care the money for the game, but i still don´t like the idea of too much money for shipping....

So please, U2, if you have a link from this Chips&Bits, could you give it to us ?? so i can preorder there, too..........

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 11
- 5/1/2002 8:31:13 PM   
Marc von Martial

Hehe finally all the germans popping up here :D

Ronald Rahn is our dealer for Germany and I´m sure he will be able to make a good deal for you guys here in Germany.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 12
- 5/1/2002 11:56:50 PM   
JDDT

And if I interpret the "Dealers page" correctly, CoSi is another fine supplier of Matrix' Games in Germany...
Kind regards
Jens Dührkop

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 13
- 5/2/2002 2:34:28 AM   
Marc

Since I am from Germany I want to set clear that there is only one game that I want more than Uncommon Valor and that is War in the Pacific.
I really like the European WWII theater but nothing tops the Pacific theater.

My first real wargame was Warship from Gary. Since then I am really interested in the Pacific War and especially in the Imperial Japanese Navy.

I bought Pacific War from Jens Dührkop when it was released. I had to wait quite long and was quite angry.
Since it was december my parents had taken the paket from the postman and I finally found it under the christmas tree. :D

Hey Jens, please don't forget my order :)

Greetings,
Marc Urban

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 14
- 5/2/2002 6:16:25 AM   
Vasquez

W00t! So many Landsmänner here :D

I read here between the lines ;) , that "real german wargamers" likes more pazifik szenarios, than eastern front games... hmm.. I cant say anything about that. But what means to be a "real wargamer"..??

I believe that comment, that in former times pazifik games sold well in germany.. better than maybe eastern games, but the generation chanched.

The wargamer which I know (if they are "real" ones or not), prefer to play as german and not as little japaneses or GIs :p

I also played a lot af pazifik games which others had written here. But the most of them where "cult-games". The new generation of wargamers in germany did not think so or care about them. This is the fact, what I meant. The new generation is what counts for the computer-game industry and not the "dying" old generation.
Of course: All what I say is from the "german" point of view.

But, its also a point of "what is avaiable" or not.
Example: If a german goes into a game shop, looking for a new air-simulator (or whatever) and he find a game, in which he can fligh in the south pazifik he will buy.
If he see two fligh-simulators. One in the pazifik, the other anywhere at a german war-theatre, he will buy the other (or both if he have enough money, hehe).

But I think this is now a little bit far away from the original topic, but in fact, that my question are answered (got a mail from roland rahn too) I have nothing against to talk further about this things...

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 15
to come back to the original topic..... - 5/4/2002 12:17:37 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

.....will Roland Rahn import UV to germany and can I order it there - if so, plz post here a URL....well, I think I can Order it from Jens Dürkop too, so there wont be a problem :P ;) at all :)

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 16
- 5/4/2002 2:14:44 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Yes, Roland will import UV to Germany. You will find his homepage & email on the dealers page of the Matrix homepage. You will not yet see UV offered on Roland's homepage though. He has told me that he will offer UV only when it has arrived from Matrix and is on his desk, due to tax and customs problems in the past and the resultant delays. But he takes preorders, prospective costs are 62,50 Euro + 4,85 Euro for shipping.

LST

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 17
- 5/5/2002 2:33:06 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

Loudon clear ;)

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 18
- 5/7/2002 7:07:45 AM   
Hartmann

Having been able to pre-order UV for a shipping cost of $7.95 UPS ground is one of those little things which make living so far away from the Heimat worth it. :D

Hartmann

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 19
- 5/7/2002 5:06:39 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hartmann
[B]Having been able to pre-order UV for a shipping cost of $7.95 UPS ground is one of those little things which make living so far away from the Heimat worth it. :D

Hartmann [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, scr*w you ;). And you will get it two weeks ahead of us, too :( :mad:.

Small consolation, over there you probably have no ready access to bread, beer and coffee that actually deserve their names :D.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 20
I like pacific games too - 5/7/2002 5:18:39 PM   
Odin

I like the european theater, but the pacific area is an interesting place, because of its islands and Atolls:-)

I purchased PAC War 10 years ago on good luck, and thats the only game that has my attention for so long.

Further, i like too create fleets and Carrier Battles, they had no role in europe.

And of course it was and is the freedom in PAC WAR: i can attack where i want and how i want..:D

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 21
Re: I like pacific games too - 5/7/2002 6:18:37 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Odin
[B]
I purchased PAC War 10 years ago on good luck, and thats the only game that has my attention for so long.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. IMO, PacWar even surpasses Civ, RRT & Pirates. The free Matrix updates, Rich's editor and Jeremy's OBCs surely had an impact here. Thank you guys!

Alas, face facts: PacWar will soon be replaced by UV and WitP - but it will stay in the Hall of Fame for sure.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 22
- 5/8/2002 2:21:43 AM   
Hartmann

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LargeSlowTarget
[B]
Small consolation, over there you probably have no ready access to bread, beer and coffee that actually deserve their names :D. [/B][/QUOTE]

While this used to be true, it isn't anymore. At least not in healthy, organic California. :D

Seriously, in the SF bay area, you can get virtually everything by now, even decent bread (if you know where to look). I have my daily Illi coffee, too. :) German beer is quite expensive, though. But there are even a few local breweries around which make quite nice darker ales (sadly, they just can't get Pils to work).

Hartmann

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 23
- 5/8/2002 2:42:57 PM   
Uedel

Hi Vasquez,

nice to see you here also, i also just stumbled over this game and looks good. If we make at multiorder from collectet from our German Website i will participate, maybe we can get a nice price for multicopies :)

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 24
- 5/8/2002 8:56:32 PM   
Vasquez

Heja hossa uedel :) :)

Good Idea. I also tryed to organize a multiorder, but unfortunately a few boys were not willing to wait and ordered by himself (spare for example.. I will send him to the eastern front now) *g*

Plesae send me a mail uedel at [email]vasquez@7id.de[/email]

Thx

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 25
- 5/9/2002 5:43:55 AM   
Tisi

Moin

Wer von euch ist dürkop????????????

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 26
- 5/9/2002 7:30:57 PM   
JDDT

Moin,
HERR Dührkop, bitte, so viel Zeit muß sein. Die Umgangsformen in diesem Forum lassen doch z.T. sehr zu wünschen übrig.
Herr Dührkop ist derjenige, der gerade vor seinem PC sitzt und die Anleitung von UV ins Deutsche übersetzt, damit seine Kunden eine ausgedruckte, deutsche Regelübersetzung zusammen mit dem Spiel erhalten. Wäre doch zu schade, wenn seit 10 Jahren ein GG-Spiel nur ohne deutsche Regelübersetzung zu haben wäre.
In Anbetracht der Bestrebungen zum neuen Jugendschutzgesetz wird es ohnehin schwierig für alle echten Wargamer werden...
MfG
JD
CoSi

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 27
- 5/9/2002 11:54:28 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

[B]

German beer is quite expensive, though. But there are even a few local breweries around which make quite nice darker ales (sadly, they just can't get Pils to work).

Hartmann [/B][/QUOTE]

True. The price for German beer at my local Tops International was prohibitive - at least for a poor student. They even sold 'German' beer no fellow German student in my group had ever heard of. Some microbrews were okay, but we wouldn't have survived without Canadian beer - thank god Canada was just around the corner. My roommate and I downed 40+ boxes of Labatt Blue in a year trying to beat the native undergrads... so much for academic studies abroad :D.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 28
- 5/10/2002 2:18:46 AM   
Hartmann

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JDDT
[B]
In Anbetracht der Bestrebungen zum neuen Jugendschutzgesetz wird es ohnehin schwierig für alle echten Wargamer werden...
[/B][/QUOTE]

Es dreht sich bei der Diskussion in Deutschland also mittlerweile nicht mehr nur um "ego-shooter", sondern auch um Strategiespiele?
Also, so weit ich das von hier aus beurteilen kann, sieht das alles ganz bedenklich danach aus als ob in Deutschland Computer- und Videospiele zum Suendenbock fuer etwas gemacht werden, was ganz andere, gesellschaftliche Ursachen hat, unter anderem dass bei chronischem Mangel an Lehrstellen vielen Jugendlichen ueberhaupt keine Perspektive mehr offensteht, dass so viele Menschen emotional unfaehig zur Kindererziehung sind, und (im letzten Glied) dass es viel zu einfach ist, illegal an Waffen zu kommen. Aber da kommt es natuerlich gelegen, wenn man, statt an die Wurzeln gehen zu muessen, die ganze Aufmerksamkeit auf die boesen boesen Spiele fokussieren kann, die allein an allem Schuld sind. Das Schoenste ist, dass man dann zuletzt wieder von Leuten bevormundet und eventuell sogar kriminalisiert wird, die ueberhaupt keine Ahnung von der Materie haben.

Ganz nebenbei bemerkt: auch die urploetzlich ueberall auftauchenden "psychologischen Studien", die angeblich belegen sollen, dass schon so harmlose Spiele wie "Tomb Raider" und "Virtua Fighter" emotional abstumpfen, sind von Versuchsaufbau und Variablenoperationalisierung her methodisch durchaus bedenklich.

Ich traue mich jedenfalls schon kaum mehr, meinen Landsleuten gegenueber das Hobby Strategiespiele auch nur zu erwaehnen - man wird ja in der Regel doch nur schraeg angesehen und muss sich sofort verteidigen (... "Was hast Du denn da eigentlich im Regal stehen - "Carrier Strike", "Axis and Allies" - sind das etwa Kriegsspiele???...").

Sorry for my ramblings, it spontaneously came over me (... but, hey, it felt good to write some text in German again for a change! :))

Hartmann

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 29
- 5/10/2002 3:44:11 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

[B]

Es dreht sich bei der Diskussion in Deutschland also mittlerweile nicht mehr nur um "ego-shooter", sondern auch um Strategiespiele?
Hartmann [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes....
When you are nineteen (and when you are male and when you have bad luck), you are forced use a weapon.
But two years earlier, you are "protected" from such horrible things like violent computer games....
*Grumble*.
And later, you have the honor to share your hard earned money to pay these nice persons that "protect" you from these horrible computer games...
*Grumble* *Grumble*
I fear that all political parties are now going to do something to show the people that they are doing something so that they earn to be (re-)elected....
Hmm....
And I even cannot blame them....
You would have to blame those who vote for them....
On the other hand, is there any political party that goes for "everyone has the right to decide for him/herself what to view/play - You have a problem with ego-shooters? No problem, no one will ever force you to use one."?

Regards,
Roland

(Sorry for being offtopic - maybe we should continue this on the "Art of Wargaming"-Forum)

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Shipping to germany!? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI