Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fatal Error 818

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Fatal Error 818 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fatal Error 818 - 4/14/2009 7:52:06 PM   
New York Jets

I tried installing the game from my CD and I updated with the latest update.

When I went to play, a few seconds into the game loading I got the error message "Fatal Error 818".

I uninstalled/reinstalled the the game and did not install the update the second time and the game ran fine. So, I then installed the update and got the error message again.

Am I missing something here?

"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
Post #: 1
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/14/2009 8:05:00 PM   
Nomad

Which upgrade are you using? You need to install the 1.804 comprehensive patch and then the 1.806 patch.

(in reply to New York Jets)
Post #: 2
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/14/2009 8:30:41 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog

When I went to play, a few seconds into the game loading I got the error message "Fatal Error 818".

I uninstalled/reinstalled the the game and did not install the update the second time and the game ran fine. So, I then installed the update and got the error message again.

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Install from your original install program. You have to run the complete install... you can't just copy over from another computer or you will get exactly the problem you describe (old version will work, new one will not).

Install version 1.804 COMPREHENSIVE - there is another 1.804 noncomprehensive floating around - don't use that.

Install version 1.806 REVISED... this should be the only one available for download on the website, but other nonrevised versions might be floating around (don't use them).

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER!! Some people have 2 copies of WITP, and if you enter the wrong serial number for the install (i.e. - switch serial numbers), you will also get the same problem you described.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 4/14/2009 8:32:29 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/15/2009 12:34:28 AM   
New York Jets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Which upgrade are you using? You need to install the 1.804 comprehensive patch and then the 1.806 patch.

Where do I get the 1.804?

- Casey Stengel -

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 4
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/15/2009 12:34:49 AM   
New York Jets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Install from your original install program. You have to run the complete install... you can't just copy over from another computer or you will get exactly the problem you describe (old version will work, new one will not).

Install version 1.804 COMPREHENSIVE - there is another 1.804 noncomprehensive floating around - don't use that.

Install version 1.806 REVISED... this should be the only one available for download on the website, but other nonrevised versions might be floating around (don't use them).

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER!! Some people have 2 copies of WITP, and if you enter the wrong serial number for the install (i.e. - switch serial numbers), you will also get the same problem you described.

- Casey Stengel -

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/15/2009 12:37:23 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Available at the download site.

EDIT
Go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294/downloads/War.In.The.Pacific

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 4/15/2009 12:38:56 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Fatal Error 818 - 4/15/2009 12:50:21 AM   
New York Jets

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Available at the download site.

EDIT
Go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294/downloads/War.In.The.Pacific

Thank you.

- Casey Stengel -

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Fatal Error 818 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI