Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uncommon Valor startup error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Uncommon Valor startup error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uncommon Valor startup error - 5/23/2002 1:15:24 AM   
George Marker

I received my Uncommon Valor CD today and installed the game. When I clicked on the start game icon, the game loaded the files and then I received the following error message: " A fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C18865F5 in VXD AU30WAVE(05) + 00002185. The current application will be terminated.

After this occurred the first time, I rebooted the computer to make certain that the files that had been installed were configured to the system and tried playing the game again. Unfortunately I received the same error message.

I need a solution for this problem.

George

George (old salt)
Post #: 1
- 5/23/2002 2:11:34 AM   
Paul Vebber

Try turning sound acceleration off

Folowing thread pertains:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19483

It seeme to help him anyway!

IF not - try the "driver upgrade shuffle" if it still crashes, put a help requestin though our SUPPORT link in the main page.

(in reply to George Marker)
Post #: 2
- 5/23/2002 4:39:58 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]VXD AU30WAVE[/QUOTE]

Definelty a soundcard driver error, try upgrading the driver and please post here what soundcard you use and if it´s onboard or not.

Post #: 3
- 5/24/2002 2:28:05 AM   
George Marker

After some testing with diagnostic software and contacting Dell Technical support, it was determined that sound card was no longer operating properly. It is fortunate that it occurred at this time because my three year warranty will expire the first part of June.

I have a Turtle Beach System Montego II PCI Audio card.

It is kind of ironic because when I first encountered the problem, my sound card still worked because I played a scenario on WAW without any problem with the sound. Today, when I tried to pay WAW, I could not even get to the startup page and had no sound whatsoever.

Dell is shipping me a new card and I should receive it a day or two.

While working with the Dell Technician, we uninstalled Uncommon Valor so I will wait until get the new card before trying to install it again.

Thanks for the support and help.

George (old salt)

Post #: 4
- 5/24/2002 4:46:10 PM   
jerrek

that sound card sounds like a vortex 2 card. What are they sending you, these things have not been made for quite a while(years). I have a vortex 2 card myself.

another note - vortex cards don't have very good drivers for win XP. Particularly if you let the XP autoupdate drivers. The latest drivers for XP on the microsoft autoupdate disable the sound card completely and basically leave it as an AC97 codec.

Post #: 5
- 5/29/2002 10:33:56 PM   
George Marker

Received new sound card (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) and installed it. So far it is working properly. Have not played game yet because it took forever to print manual. In the process of reading manual and going to try tutorial first. From what I have seen, it should be a very interesting game.:)

George (old salt)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Uncommon Valor startup error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI