Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitP Allied Opponent Wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> WitP Allied Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 4:59:58 PM   
Rekm41

Any takers? I know AE is coming out soon, but everyone is not necessarily going to upgrade. Can do about 1 turn a day. I would like to play with pretty standard house rules. Which can be discussed.

Stock Scen 15.

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
Post #: 1
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:03:38 PM   
Anthropoid

Hmmm. VERY enticing, esp. since we did a PBEM before and I know and trust you . . . However, I DO intend to upgrade to AE as soon as possible, and Im' guessin that it will not be possible to run both games in parallel.

If it is possible to run them in parallel, then lets get going!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 2
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:09:44 PM   
Rekm41

Hey there. Trust me eh? LOL!!! Good to know. I may not upgrade right away and I am sure you can have two on the go anyway. Just reinstall WitP and upgrade that one.

What house rules would you like.
Non-historical
PDU's on
Fixed reinforcements
Allied Damage control on
Base and reinforcements off
Auto sub off
FOW on
Doctrines off
Weather on
Combat reports on
Auto upgrade off

Plus the other usual only one port attack. Kwantung armies can only leave if PP is paid. Max 100 air/level of field.

Chinese units cannot leave China ie attack into Siam. Unless PP paid.

What else?

< Message edited by rekm41 -- 6/13/2009 5:16:45 PM >

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 3
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:21:08 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekm41

Hey there. Trust me eh? LOL!!! Good to know. I may not upgrade right away and I am sure you can have two on the go anyway. Just reinstall WitP and upgrade that one.

What house rules would you like.
Non-historical If that is what you prefer, it is really up to you as Japan, and I'm okay with either way.
PDU's on Yes definitely
Fixed reinforcements Hmmm. Could be interesting to throw in a bit of variability, but I reckon that that is liable to disadvantage Japan more than US, so fixed is probably better, and just fine with me.
Allied Damage control on Yes. I find it hard to conceive of an alternate history with this turned off.
Base and reinforcements off Yes, lets both micro-manage.
Auto sub off Yes definitely.
FOW on Absolutely yes
Doctrines off Now on this one I'm torn. I tend to think that the crappy U.S. torps were a major part of the early war in real history, so I tend to feel the same way here as with U.S. damage control. Obviously it does disadvantage the U.S. a bit if it is on, but I just prefer the game to have the variables that are least liable to have been different to be fixed. We can come up with all kinds of alternate history versions all on our own :) If you do not want Japanese sub doctrine on, I'm happy to have Allied on, but Japan off. If that is a huge thing advantaging Japan, I'm sure we can later on negotiate some kind of house rule. I just don't know that much about the Japan sub doctrine issue, and how likely that was to have been abandoned in some sort of alternate history scenario.
Weather on yes absolutely
Combat reports on yes. Never having played a PBEM in this game, I don't know if it matters, but I like the animations and stuff too when I've played the AI. But it does slow things down a lot.
Auto upgrade off Yes definitely off

Plus the other usual only one port attack. Kwantung armies can only leave if PP is paid. Max 100 air/level of field.

What else?

Hmmm. I'll have a look round and see if there are any others that I see being used that seem like a good idea.

The one that immediately comes to mind is TF numbers. I see in an AAR that some guys are saying something like "No use of swarms of small invasion TF, like if you could have ten 2-ship TFs then you actually have to group them into one twenty-ship TF." I don't think that this is meant to apply to non-invasion TFs.

Let me fire up the game and see if there is any other settings I'd suggest before you actually start the game. Japan sets it up and starts it right? PM me your email!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 4
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:29:25 PM   
Terminus

Nothing will keep you from running a stock and AE game simultaneously.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 5
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:31:30 PM   
Anthropoid

Couple other points about Set up, and then I guess you could go ahead and fire it up. We can keep talking about house rules as we progress I suppose

In Realism window:

Dec 7 Surprise: either way is fine by me, but if you do not attack PH I don't know what effect it has on the rest of turn one. More movement for Japan?
Vary Setup: I would assume OFF but having it varied might be interesting too? Dunno. Up to you.
TF Move Radius: ON I would very much like this to be on
Plane Move Radius: ON same

In the Game Options window:
Set all Facil to Expand: OFF
Auto Upgrade: OFF
Accept Air and Grnd Replc: OFF

In the Preferences Window (not sure if what you set up in the initial game determines what my settings are or not)
Map with Hexes: ON
Hexside Details: ON
Clouds: ON

The reports definitely need to be on, but the animations and summaries I guess would slow down playing turns a lot, so OFF on both of those, which then makes all the delay settings moot. I dunno, maybe all that stuff is moot for PBEM and you don't get any of it when you open up your new turn in a PBEM?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 6
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:43:51 PM   
Anthropoid

Here is a thread on House rules that we both might want to read in full. Based on our past gaming together, I'm confident we can work together to have fun, challenge each other without getting gamey and work around some of the glitches in the engine.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=729167&mpage=7&key=

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:45:55 PM   
Anthropoid

And let's give our PBEM a "name." How about "The End of an Era: Our First and Last WiTP PBEM?"

For our AARs we could have titles like "End of an Era PBEM ALLIES" and "End of an Era PBEM JAPAN."

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 8
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:46:34 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

KEWL! Thanks Terminus!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 9
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 5:47:31 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

KEWL. Thanks Terminus!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 10
RE: WitP Allied Opponent Wanted - 6/13/2009 8:58:00 PM   
Rekm41

Opponent found rekm41 vs Anthropoid.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> WitP Allied Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI