Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opponent Wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opponent Wanted - 5/11/2009 2:05:53 AM   
histgamer

I am fairly new to PBEM I have gotten a few going before losing my opponents mid way through January. I would like to start a new grand campaign game as the allies. Need a Japanese opponent. I have stock 1.806 but if needed could download some of the mods to suit my opponent. Ideally the mods would be more historical and not balancing mods.

I am good for at least 2 turns per day. Ideally 3

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 5/11/2009 2:09:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Opponent Wanted - 5/11/2009 11:38:49 PM   
histgamer

No one wants a game?

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Opponent Wanted - 5/11/2009 11:42:33 PM   
Mistmatz

With AE apparently around the corner it's going to be hard to find an opponent for a full campaign. Good luck though.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Opponent Wanted - 5/12/2009 12:21:27 AM   
BJStone

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

I am fairly new to PBEM I have gotten a few going before losing my opponents mid way through January. I would like to start a new grand campaign game as the allies. Need a Japanese opponent. I have stock 1.806 but if needed could download some of the mods to suit my opponent. Ideally the mods would be more historical and not balancing mods.

I am good for at least 2 turns per day. Ideally 3

Is this a "run it until AE comes out" game? If so I'd be interested. I'd only be able to get in a turn per day - maybe additional turns on weekends...

I'm in one game right now that is stock but will last until AE comes out. Once AE comes out I plan to run a few 100 turns vs the AI and then look for a PBEM game - but I really want to read and study the manual and test out the new upgrades.

As Mistmatz points out AE looks to be right around the corner but if you are just looking to keep the juices flowing until AE comes out then I'm game.

If you are interested please post any game settings you prefer.

Regards,

BJ

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 4
RE: Opponent Wanted - 5/13/2009 12:32:08 AM   
Lifer

I'd be interested in a Scen 2 as the Japanese.  I am currently getting my butt whipped as the Allies by Marky in a Scen 2 match up.  This is my first PBEM so I'm a pretty dumb noob against a human.  Would be willing to flip sides at the conclusion.

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to BJStone)
Post #: 5
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/10/2009 3:26:56 PM   
john_smid

I want to play, either side, either scenario, either conditions, but nobody want to play against me. Anybody here? (It will be my first PBEM game.)

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 6
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/10/2009 3:36:16 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: john_smid

I want to play, either side, either scenario, either conditions, but nobody want to play against me. Anybody here? (It will be my first PBEM game.)

Hi. Newbie myself.
I was starting thinking about a PBEM. Would REALLY prefer allies (feel very inconfortable with the japanese weapons). Would like grand campaign; i have a few idea bout HR;
BUT would certainly be a slow pace game (something like 1 turn a day, not even sure to get to 2 per day on week end, as real life as some sort of priority (in fact it would be honest to say Miss Gladiatt know how to make me feel where the priority are ) ).
How do you think about it?

(in reply to john_smid)
Post #: 7
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/11/2009 5:21:51 PM   
john_smid

I agree.
I have nothing against Jap. side. I even like managing their industry I also prefer grand campaing, because it is real strategy. 1-2 turns a day is maximum for me too.
Please propose me your ideas about HR, chosen scenario etc.

Forgive me some possible misunderstanding, I´m not native speaker (Czech Republic)

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 8
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/11/2009 8:35:12 PM   
Barb

Hi John_smid - I see you are only a recent joiner, So welcome from your "brother" from neighborhood  The world is small dont you think?

(in reply to john_smid)
Post #: 9
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/11/2009 9:02:38 PM   
john_smid

I would never expect the War in the Pacific is commanded from Slovakia

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 10
RE: Opponent Wanted - 6/11/2009 10:09:47 PM   
Barb

john_smid: There is one fellow czech player from prague too  - murphys35 his nick

(in reply to john_smid)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI