Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Someone at MatrixGames please read.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Someone at MatrixGames please read. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Someone at MatrixGames please read. - 10/25/2000 5:27:00 AM   
Gary7

On your site you have a URL for the V2.0 to V4.1 update, however when you go to the site for d'load it is the FULL version d'load, 300+megs NOT the 137meg d'load of V2.0 to V4.1. Since I already have version 3 of the game from a CD featured in "PcGamer" I don't require the FULL d'load, just the relatively small updates that will take the game to version 4.4. Is this an oversite at Matrix and will the URL listed offer the correct upgrade? As I stated in an earlier post I don't have CDRW and I'd prefer not to clutter the HDD with a 300+meg file I don't need. I guess you have 2 choices here, either provide a URL where the V2.0 to V4.1 upgrade can be downloaded or remove the update from the "downloads" page. ---Best regards Brian R. aka Gary7 P.S. SPWaW is a terrific game, however because of this stumbling block I'm unable to enjoy the benefits of version 4.4.

---Best regards, Brian R.
Post #: 1
- 10/25/2000 5:36:00 AM   
RUsco

Hi Gary7, Look in tankheads website. I tryed typing in his adress in your other post and it messed up. Look any where in the forum or go to the links page and look in Fabioes site for a link.

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 2
- 10/25/2000 5:39:00 AM   
Wild Bill

We are reading your E-Mail, Gary. I read your other post and this one. I have not been to the download site to check on this problem. May I say the following, however. Here is a post from Chantell in another thread. This would be the easiest way. -------------- I don't know if anybody else has pointed this out yet, but version 4.0 of SP:WAW is contained on the Computer Gaming World demo disk in the dec. issue. I just got my subscription issue yesterday, loaded the game and it runs fine. Just got done downloading the patches to get from V4.0 to V4.4 and everything appears to run just fine. So I'd suggest getting a copy of CGW and try that. Hopefuly it solves your delima. Good luck. --------- Now if you choose not to do that, you should get as you say, version 4.0, then the next versions 4.1,4.2,4.3,4.4. I checked and you are right. I will call this to the attention of David Heath, who is in charge of this part of the page. You might want to drop him a line directly too in the meantime. Here is his e-mail address. davidh@matrixgames.com I would send it to you but a file this size does not work in a regular e-Mail. Sorry. Either get Computer Gaming World if it is available or drop David a note. I'll do the same. He is in NY and I am in Ga. I'll do all I can to help you...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited October 24, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 3
- 10/25/2000 5:41:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Fabio's site is: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm#downloads It's listed about 1/2 way down the page, Bryan/Gary7...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 4
- 10/25/2000 5:43:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You'll also find it here...Wild Bill http://tankhead.home.icq.com/index.html ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 5
- 10/25/2000 5:57:00 AM   
Gary7

Thanks to those that replied, Wild Bill, "Fabio's" site lists both upgrades but unfortunately they point to the same URL for both versions: "SPWaW 4.0 Upgrade" and "SPWaW 4.0 FULL" Here again the infamous: http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/directd/2318.html All the "links" have done is mirror the d'load links from the "Matrix" download page. Thank's for the effort, guess I'll have to wait for the DEC issue of "Computer Gaming World" at a bookstore. The Nov. issue is now being sold, so I'll have to wait about another 2 weeks till it hits a bookstore's shelf. SPWaW is a GREAT game but darn I'm missing out on the enhancements! ---Best regards Brian R. aka Gary7

---Best regards, Brian R.

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 6
- 10/25/2000 8:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Sorry. Write David Heath directly as I suggested. I'll do the same. We'll see if we can get this fixed up for you...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 7
- 10/25/2000 7:36:00 PM   
Kharan

Gary7: Replace SPWaWv44Complete.exe in one of the links with SPWaWv4Upgrade.exe and you can download it.

(in reply to Gary7)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Someone at MatrixGames please read. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI