Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) in Tutorial Lesson IV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) in Tutorial Lesson IV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) in Tutorial Lesson IV - 7/19/2009 2:15:13 PM   
iriyak

Hi,

I have a newbie question on Tutorial Lesson IV.

Could you help me to find what is ARM and how to select?
I'm trying over PDb & HUD3.

The tutorial tells how to select the Standard Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM), but I have no idea what missile is the ARM.

Could only select RIM-66B SM1MR Block VI or RGM-84D Harpoon ID, but there is no ARM in the name. Tried the search through domestic Wikipedia and found Penguin Mk 2 Mod 7 (AGM-119B) is a kind of ARM, but the similar name was not found in the Weapons Available list. The below screenshot is taken when I attacked the surface threat.

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya

PS I'm struggling against the enemy contact described in Surface Threats & Air defense Against Missiles of the tutorial and my vessel is always sunk.

< Message edited by iriyak -- 7/19/2009 3:27:00 PM >
Post #: 1
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 7/19/2009 5:04:50 PM   
hermanhum

You are correct.  There is a mis-match between what the Tutorial instructions say and what the Tutorial scenarios allow.

When the Tutorial scenarios were originally written for Harpoon II fifteen years ago, the Perry frigate that was included in the Tutorial IV scenario was loaded with a few RGM-66D Standard ARM [SSM] missiles.  Over the years, that particular weapon was removed from the ship.  Thus, the Tutorial instructions direct you to use it, but it is not loaded on the ship.

All you can do is ignore it and select another weapon.  Hopefully, the tutorials will be rewritten someday to have a match between the instructions and the scenario.

Very good job keeping your eyes open for missing details like this. 

(in reply to iriyak)
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 7/20/2009 10:46:56 AM   
iriyak

Hi Herman,

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

You are correct.  There is a mis-match between what the Tutorial instructions say and what the Tutorial scenarios allow.

When the Tutorial scenarios were originally written for Harpoon II fifteen years ago, the Perry frigate that was included in the Tutorial IV scenario was loaded with a few RGM-66D Standard ARM [SSM] missiles.  Over the years, that particular weapon was removed from the ship.  Thus, the Tutorial instructions direct you to use it, but it is not loaded on the ship.

All you can do is ignore it and select another weapon.  Hopefully, the tutorials will be rewritten someday to have a match between the instructions and the scenario.

Very good job keeping your eyes open for missing details like this. 

Thank you for providing the background and I believe I understand why such a mis-match happened to be introduced in the tutorial.

Now moving around Lesson VI, let me summarize a couple of things that I couldn't find or operate.

quote:

For this first F-16, select a PGM (precision guided munition) loadout by clicking on the loadout and then clicking on the OK button.

There was no loadout named PGM found.

quote:

Start by selecting the F-16 and then clicking on the Image:Air_ops_toolbar_button.png Air ops toolbar button (or use F6 from the Hotkeys). The mouse cursor will change to a targeting cursor. Place the cursor on the KC-135 and double-click.

The F-16 couldn't arrive to begin aerial refueling after on BINGO FUEL. Before BINGO FUEL it could arrive. Does it mean the aircraft has to refuel before BINGO FUEL?

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
* Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues - 7/20/2009 5:12:56 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: iriyak

Now moving around Lesson VI, let me summarize a couple of things that I couldn't find or operate.

quote:

For this first F-16, select a PGM (precision guided munition) loadout by clicking on the loadout and then clicking on the OK button.

There was no loadout named PGM found.

This mis-match has occurred in the same way as the ARM situation previously mentioned. To make things simpler for novice users, I have revised the PlayersDB version of this Tutorial in order to better match the original Harpoon II instructions by including a PGM loadout. The revised scenario has been posted in the Complete Harpoon ANW Library.

quote:

ORIGINAL: iriyak

quote:

Start by selecting the F-16 and then clicking on the Image:Air_ops_toolbar_button.png Air ops toolbar button (or use F6 from the Hotkeys). The mouse cursor will change to a targeting cursor. Place the cursor on the KC-135 and double-click.

The F-16 couldn't arrive to begin aerial refueling after on BINGO FUEL. Before BINGO FUEL it could arrive. Does it mean the aircraft has to refuel before BINGO FUEL?

I believe that this is a legitimate problem because airborne re-fueling is only possible for human players. Therefore, players should be able to override any commands issued by the AI.

This situation has been added to AGSI's List of Known ANW Issues.

Planes that bingo cannot refuel

Airborne plane can refuel any time until it reaches Bingo state. Once plane reaches Bingo state, player cannot unassign it and order it to re-fuel. (Originally reported by Iriyak)

(in reply to iriyak)
Post #: 4
RE: * Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues - 7/21/2009 12:55:04 PM   
iriyak

Hi Herman,

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

This mis-match has occurred in the same way as the ARM situation previously mentioned. To make things simpler for novice users, I have revised the PlayersDB version of this Tutorial in order to better match the original Harpoon II instructions by including a PGM loadout. The revised scenario has been posted in the Complete Harpoon ANW Library.

Thank you for updating PDb. It would be great!

quote:

I believe that this is a legitimate problem because airborne re-fueling is only possible for human players. Therefore, players should be able to override any commands issued by the AI.

This situation has been added to AGSI's List of Known ANW Issues.

Planes that bingo cannot refuel

Airborne plane can refuel any time until it reaches Bingo state. Once plane reaches Bingo state, player cannot unassign it and order it to re-fuel. (Originally reported by Iriyak)

Thank you for helping me to clarify what this behavior is and to be. I will order it back to base when it reaches Bingo state for the time being.

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) in Tutorial Lesson IV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI