Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Omaha Beach: My first succesful Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Omaha Beach: My first succesful Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Omaha Beach: My first succesful Scenario - 7/22/2002 2:08:37 AM   
Kaio23

I usually don't go all the way through some scenarios, but Omaha Beach really got me compelled. THis is sort of a short-walk through of what happened, since I didn't think I was really going to get to the end.

First, I set up some artillery strikes on various possible bunker positions, and some air strikes on Colleville, and Vierville. I sent the most forces to Dog Green, which had it's easiest way inland. Charlie sector, however, was supressed and suffered the most casualties, and was the second last up the beach. Dog Red got some resistance, nothing too shabby, and Fox Red was on the beach the longest, but eventually got up and easily captured the town. Vierville was captured second, after 5 turns, and then Saint Maurins. Colleville was one of the most interesting aspects of the scenario. After much fighting and bunker destruction, I had finally reached the core of colleville...however, when I was half-way up on the rest of the town, the game ended at about turn 28-31. Although the casualties were 452 on my side, and the germans 934, they still displayed it as a draw. Sometimes I don't get this game, any ideas why the game thinks it's a draw?
Post #: 1
- 7/22/2002 11:10:48 AM   
antarctic

Woooooooow!!! You managed to finish the Omaha Beach scenario... How long did it take you??

[QUOTE]Sometimes I don't get this game, any ideas why the game thinks it's a draw?[/QUOTE]

How many Victory hexes did you capture??
And how many losses did you take in AFV's, HT's Artillery etc??
These are all factors calculated into the Win/Draw/Loss result.

Antarctic

"Quantity has a quality of its own"
-Stalin

(in reply to Kaio23)
Post #: 2
- 7/22/2002 4:44:47 PM   
gnoccop

For a marginal victory against the AI you need a point ratio of 3 to 1 (IIRC)
For a decisive victory against the AI you need a point ratio > 6 to 1 :eek: (IIRC)

the point sistem didn't count casualties but the value of the casualty.

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to Kaio23)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Omaha Beach: My first succesful Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI