Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/20/2009 7:17:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

We've just uploaded a new 5.50.3b Public Beta to the Members Club. This replaces the previous 5.50.1b Public Beta and is a good candidate for the official update if public beta looks good. This will update any previous CC:TLD installation to the new beta version.

Here's the change list for 5.50.3b (note, these are in addition to the previously posted 5.50.1b changes).

v5.50.03b – July 14, 2009
• Code fixes
o Fixed bug with display settings where CTD would occur when map size is smaller than users screen resolution.
o Multi-player: Force Morale percentages shown on Debrief screen now identical between host and client in all cases.
o Multi-player: Client now shows correct soldier positions (i.e. Leader, loader, gunner, etc.) in the soldier monitor for active soldiers. Client will show last known position for soldiers that have become casualties, however.
o Multi-player: Entry locations for tactical battles now re-calculated correctly when continuing a game that was saved from the Strategic screen.
o Multi-player: Soldier death animation type now consistent between host and client (i.e. no more shot soldiers shown as burning up on the client).
o Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when starting a new operation or campaign using ‘all clear’ or ‘random’ weather settings.
o Changed display version number to 5.50.03b (to match patch v3 name)
• Maps
o Made beach bunker coding consistent among all maps pointed out in bug tracker.
o Returned St. Pierre du Mont map text file to correct file.
o Made map coding match graphical depiction of floors on St. Honorine map.
o Fixed minor grass texture tiling on St. Marie du Mont
o Returned St. Pierre du Mont map text file to correct file.
o Fixed Gold Beach gun pit coding.
o Fixed Dog Green gun pit coding.
o Adjusted one building shadow on LesForges so it looks more appropriate to the level it is coded for.
• Data
o Increased clip reload times for small caliber guns to minimum of 50 (5 seconds) to reflect more realistic rate of fire. Also prevents gunner from 'saving ammo' at long range until ammo drops below ~24 rounds.
o Changed weapon class 23 (previously unused) to be 37mm/L21 cannon (French 37mm SA18).
o Reduce chamber reload time of PPsh from 50 to 5.
o Reduced crew of H-39 to 2.
o Changed R-35 main gun to 37mm/L21 instead of L33.
o Reviewed armor on H-39 and R-35.
• Graphics
o Added SHAEF patch to Campaign debrief graph.
o Added patches for Ost BG's per Nembos artwork.
o Added French rank insignia per Squadleaders artwork.
o Added PzGrenadiere rank insignia per Squadleaders artwork.
o Added French medals per Tejszd's Meuse mod artwork.
o Minor enhancements to US Army ranks per Squadleaders artwork.
o Minor enhancements to US AB officer rank bar colors per Squadleaders artwork.
o Added French rank insignia per Squadleaders artwork.
o Added PzGrenadiere rank insignia per Squadleaders artwork.
o Minor enhancements to US Army ranks per Squadleaders artwork.
• Battles
o Renamed battle to match BG's involved.
• Classic CC5
o Returned elements file to stock CC5 elements.
o Fixed commander pics.
o Deleted Ousterham battle from DATA/BATTLES folder.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 10/15/2009 8:19:40 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/21/2009 2:28:40 AM   
chopper8ac

Will GC games started w the 1b patch be able to be played w the 3b patch put in. Does the 3b patch overwrite the 1b patch and correct the files data accordingly?
TY

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/21/2009 2:34:10 AM   
oldspec4

Nice list but I was kinda hopin' for a 20 minute timer in the Beta...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/21/2009 1:26:01 PM   
GS_Schimpf

Nice fixes, but I still miss the 20 minute timer. I hope sometime it will be added.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 4
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/21/2009 1:46:48 PM   
vonRocko

Thanks, but how about a 20 minute timer?

(in reply to GS_Schimpf)
Post #: 5
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/22/2009 12:24:41 AM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: chopper8ac

Will GC games started w the 1b patch be able to be played w the 3b patch put in. Does the 3b patch overwrite the 1b patch and correct the files data accordingly?
TY

Any time there is an existing game containing info from files that have since been modified there is a chance that the game will become corrupted if you continue playing it. So the answer is no you can not continue playing existing games from 1b. If you are that concerned you should finish the game before installing the 3b patch.

(in reply to chopper8ac)
Post #: 6
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/22/2009 11:35:02 AM   
berndn

Thanks for the beta patch 

Already dished my running campaigns and started a new one.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 7
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/23/2009 12:42:27 PM   
RD Oddball

Cool.  No problem.  Hopefully it will successfully address everyons issues.

@ ALL

We are looking for feedback on performance related issues and if this beta patch fixes them for you or not.  So please provide feedback here as we'd like to make this the final round of fixes before releasing a final official patch.

An example of a performance related issue would be crash to desktop, windows or CC error, multi-player issues. Game data or graphics would not unless it results in one of the previous examples (CTD, errors, MP issues).

Thanks!

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 7/23/2009 12:45:29 PM >

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 8
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/23/2009 8:18:48 PM   
Korzun

I noticed that as a client I can now see the muzzle flashes Great!

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 9
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 7/23/2009 9:38:03 PM   
RD Oddball

Good news!  Glad our fixes are working for you.

(in reply to Korzun)
Post #: 10
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 8/25/2009 7:39:55 AM   
loyalcitizen

I've seen the beta patch advertised for months now. Where/when is the actual patch?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 11
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 8/25/2009 8:20:52 AM   
Andrew Williams

Looks like the first post here was 1 month ago.

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 12
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 8/25/2009 11:08:40 AM   
sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: loyalcitizen

I've seen the beta patch advertised for months now. Where/when is the actual patch?

Because it's a beta patch you have to register your game. Then you can download it from the members area.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 13
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 8/25/2009 7:55:13 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: loyalcitizen

Getting close. We're trying to incorporate a few suggestions that have been made here in the forums. Shouldn't be long since they're minor issues. We just need to test them briefly to be sure they're achieving the intended purpose. We will go into beta testing with the next patch briefly, before releasing it as the actual patch. A few weeks tops would be my estimate.

Post #: 14
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 10/15/2009 8:54:31 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

(note, these are in addition to the previously posted 5.50.1b changes).

Could a list of the previous 5.50.1b changes be posted please?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 15
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 10/19/2009 12:29:39 PM   
steeljackal

In CCV and CCCOI if I move a unit on map border, it leave the map and in unit's status appear exited (if i remember right). In CCTLD? Can unit leave the map? I try but the unit remain on the map. I'm wrong something? I'm members club and have the beta patch

If this is not implemented, can be fix in the next patch?

PS
Is this thread for patch bug/suggestion? If not, im sorry, and where I must to write?

< Message edited by ogrando -- 10/19/2009 12:49:32 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 16
RE: New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club - 10/20/2009 12:00:00 AM   
Andrew Williams

you could never do that in CC5

only CC3/Coi and maybe, can't remember for sure CC2

(in reply to steeljackal)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> New Close Combat Public Beta Available in Members Club Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI