Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free to good home!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Free to good home! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free to good home! - 6/22/2002 3:19:07 AM   
cadmus

As a result of a misunderstanding with Finnish customs (don't ask ... long story) I have an extra copy each of Lost Victory and Watch Tower. Legally bought and paid for, unopened. I will give them away, free ... one to each of two respondents, preferably a poor student (in terms of financial resources as opposed to academic achievement) or some otherwise hard up individual ... but, with the condition that you solemnly promise to buy from Matrix, either the other MC, or Combat Leader when it comes out.

I won't be able to reply to responses until later this weekend, but you can get your bid in now.

And please, serious, legitimate responses only.

Post #: 1
- 6/23/2002 9:55:35 AM   
Rankojin

Well, haha, I'm a high school guy, always broke, haha, I can't get a decent job with my hair (dreads), and I have this crappy summer job that I can start in three weeks. So there is my pity plea, haha.

I would like to have one, but I'm sure there is someone more deserving out there.

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 2
- 6/23/2002 11:23:57 AM   
Ograbme

Since when does a misunderstanding with customs leave you with MORE items than you need?!

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Oh! This cursed Ograbme

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 3
- 6/23/2002 3:39:19 PM   
Knife

Please could I have it? I'm just a high school kid living in London!

If I could have it I would be eternally grateful as I really want it but cant afford to buy it :(

If you could maybe send either then please [EMAIL=david@carey96.freeserve.co.uk]email me[/EMAIL] .

Thanks again!

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 4
Both Disks Are Now Spoken For - 6/27/2002 3:15:12 AM   
cadmus

The earliest, credible responses came from two high school (or equivalent) students ... one in London and one in the Czech Republic. So they get 'em. Got to keep these youngsters away from swords and sorcery or else the histsorical wargame genre will die out when we do.

My apologies to those who responded and couldn't be accomodated.

Actually, I was surprised at how few responded. A consequence, I suppose, of the drastically reduced traffic on the boards the past few months, since the last patches came out.

Well ... CL is coming!

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 5
- 6/27/2002 6:20:14 AM   
chief

xeno to what do attribute the downturn in participation to ? Do you care to comment ? I also see a lot of missing names, too numerous to go into.
resp: chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 6
Decline in Participation - 6/27/2002 9:17:47 AM   
cadmus

Hello, Chief ... I don't claim to have any astonishing insight, but ... leading up to the release of the last patches, it seems that everyone had an opinion, an observation, a wish list, a complaint, a favorite "bug" they wanted fixed ... and that all led to a peak in participation on the forum. I bet if you go back to the beginning of these fora, and plotted traffic, you'd see a steady ramp upwards, to the time of a patch release or a mega-campaign roll out. That peak would persist for a while after the release, then trend down for a while before heading back up in anticipation of the next release. And now, with the general acceptance that SP:WaW is "finished", more or less, that forcing function no longer drives the traffic pattern. Plus, there may be a "fatigue" issue. Once you've said or heard damned near everything there is to say about a game, the traffic's bound to drop off. I would expect that a lot of what used to go on in the general SP:WaW forum would be happening here at the Training forum, involving the newbies and those of us still learning the infinite possibilities of SP:WaW. But, I suspect that the hard core audience for games such as this had already been tapped over the past two years and the traffic here is driven mainly by the new folks who find this site by accident.

Plus, it's summer time. Lots to do, and be done, away from the computer.

What really worries me is the relatively low level of traffic over at the Combat Leader site. If the latest estimate from Paul is correct, the release is only 3 to 5 months away. At that stage in the life of SP:WaW releases and the mega-campaigns, the traffic here was a lot higher than it is over at the Combat Leader forum. That is a source of concern. I hope it's misplaced. CL has got to be a sales and financial "success" for Matrix or we in this area of the hobby (or obsession) are going to have a real problem.

I bet you expected a short answer. Well, it's free, and worth every penny.

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 7
- 6/27/2002 10:59:00 AM   
chief

xeno I'm a guy who when he asks a question he dosen't mind how long the reply is, particularly if its good sense. I notice all the things you mentioned and I hope it is summer and they are waiting for CL, I for one will probably stay here since I have a feeling my old machine (the one with the roman numeral serial number and abacus main drive) may not be able to hack CL. Thanks for a frank answer and may the gods of war games be on your side in battle.......resp. chief:cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Free to good home! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI