Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer Q

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer Q Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer Q - 11/16/2009 9:44:36 PM   
robgen89

Please help me I just started playing this game and really want to know if all I need to play multiplayer is just getting the IP Address from the other player?

If I'm the Host all I need to do is give my IP to the player? Which setting will that be on to connect to the opposing player?

Help please
Post #: 1
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/16/2009 10:54:49 PM   
RD Oddball

The PDF manual that comes with the game goes into some detail on this subject. That will help you get started. If you still have questions after that post back here. Rather than copy and paste or repeat the info here it'd be easier for you check out the manual. Cuts out a couple steps in getting the information to you to speed things up..

(in reply to robgen89)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/16/2009 10:58:39 PM   
robgen89

ty I read the Manual but it seems this game has a different kind of multiplayer function. I'm thinking it's just in a way like Pokemon (sorry to use this example haha) on the DS where u give each others IP Address. So if this is true I'm sure I can get the hang of it. Would you mind trying it out with me?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/17/2009 12:11:54 AM   
robgen89

Would someone like to help me learn how to use the multiplayer? We can play or something if you have the time.

(in reply to robgen89)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/17/2009 1:50:42 AM   
Andrew Williams

Basically you just need the IP address.

The only complications arise when you are behind a firewall and or a router.

This is just a matter then of allowing CCE.exe through your firewall and forwarding the ports on your router.

see here if you need more advanced help....  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

(in reply to robgen89)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/17/2009 4:21:59 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: robgen89

ty I read the Manual but it seems this game has a different kind of multiplayer function. I'm thinking it's just in a way like Pokemon (sorry to use this example haha) on the DS where u give each others IP Address. So if this is true I'm sure I can get the hang of it. Would you mind trying it out with me?

Follow the suggestions Andrew indicated that should help a good deal.

To give you the quick outline but it won't be any new info other than what's in the manual:

The basic process is that both players need to pre-arrange that they're going to meet for a game. It helps to have a chat program like MSN, SKYPE or one of those or some sort of voice over the internet application like TeamSpeak running so you can communicate outside of the game until you get things set up. Once you're in the game you can use the ingame chat function. At this point decide upon the connection you're going to use TCP or UDP. I've only seen minimal differences in performance so it almost doesn't matter which one you choose. If you're connecting via dial-up you may notice better connections with TCP. At this point you both agree to enter the game at the same time even though you're not yet connected.

If you're hosting you need to give the other player (joiner or client) your IP address. There are some tricky aspects to getting the IP the manual has info on this. If you need help with this I think the link Andrew provided has some of the info to get the client the correct IP.

As host you need to click the "host a game" button once at the multiplayer screen. Only at this point will you have a profile that anyone else can connect to so the client needs to wait until you've established a connection. Once you have you wait for the client to connect.

The client can then join by clicking the "join a game" button on the multiplayer screen. After clicking that button a dialog will appear for entering the hosts IP. After doing so he clicks okay and the game establishes a connection between your computers. If a successful connection is made a default game will appear in the list of games that are joinable in the lower left of the MP screen. The client double-clicks that game to enter.

At this point you will both be visible to each other and be able to chat. You can change your in game screen name at this point by clicking the name button and making changes.

Before you both hit okay the host needs to choose the game you will play. As host you can choose a single battle, operation or campaign. This is usually decided upon before going into the game.

I'm probably skipping lots of details since I'm writing this from memory.

(in reply to robgen89)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/17/2009 4:30:50 PM   
robgen89

thanks. I get all the functions to play multiplayer but would love to find a game now which I will to get the hang of it if I want to play multiplayer. Now I'm in need of an opponent and guinea pig to help me haha. I will look on the opponents wanted forums now. thanks peeps

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 7
RE: Multiplayer Q - 11/17/2009 10:53:53 PM   
RD Oddball

Hey no problem. Glad we could help. I think your plan of trying out a few games with a guinea pig is a good one. That's the best way to learn IMO!

(in reply to robgen89)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer Q Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI