Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Base Construction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Base Construction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base Construction - 2/13/2010 1:59:12 AM   
Le Ricain

Greetings everyone.

This is my first post. I am working my way through my first game (as the Allies).

One question that I have is how do you build a base? I do not mean how do build within a base, but the base itself. I have a BEF unit sitting in a hex with a small green dot. In fact he has been sitting there a month and nothing seems to be happening.

Thanks in advance for the help.

"The significant factor for the 20th Century will be that North Americans speak English."

Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)
Post #: 1
RE: Base Construction - 2/13/2010 2:22:45 AM   
topeverest

Welcome to the game

To build a base or increase its level, you need to check for a unit with engineers or engineer vehicles. The more the better. Most ENG units have them, but not all. On the base screen it is in the lower left and corner. Many units have engineers so you dont necessarily have to have these units. The also have to be in combat mode. You also can get it on the land combat unit screen at the bottom center.

In the center top, the Base Screen shows the elve of the Port, Airfield, and fortifications. You select the icon arrow on the approriate base element, and it will begin to build. The more engineers, the faster it will grow. Let me suggest selecting only one base element to build.

0 to 1 base build is easier the larger the SPS (the potential size listed on the base screen).

The bigger the base the more supply and fuel can be stored there.

Andy M

(in reply to Le Ricain)
Post #: 2
RE: Base Construction - 2/13/2010 2:23:13 AM   
Mike Solli

You need engineers in the hex. If you have any, they'll show up on the left side (circled in red). Also note that engineer vehicles (just below the engineers) function as engineers as well.

Now look on top (green circled area). You can construct port, airfield and fortification levels. The maximum you can build is 3 greater than the number in parentheses, with a maximum level of 9. In this example, you can build port to level 5, airfield to level 7 and forts to level 9. Note that anything larger than what is in parentheses cost a lot of supply and takes a long period of time.

What you need to do is to click the arrow button to the right in the green circle. It this case, ports and fortifications are being built, with ports at 54% to level 4 and forts 1% to level 4.

Attachment (1)

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Le Ricain)
Post #: 3
RE: Base Construction - 2/15/2010 3:07:43 AM   
Le Ricain

Thanks for all the help.

I finally figured out what the problem was. I had an engineer unit sitting in a hex containing a green dot trying to build a base. However, I never got a small flag in the hex and I assumed that the unit was still trying to build a base. Just by luck I clicked on the hex and the base screen came up! I have a base and the airport is 66% complete.

Is this WAD in that you do not get a base flag on any base that you build? The location was Fenton, Australia (76,126).

"The significant factor for the 20th Century will be that North Americans speak English."

Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4
RE: Base Construction - 2/15/2010 5:07:55 AM   
pompack

You don't get a flag until the port or the airfield is at least level 1

(in reply to Le Ricain)
Post #: 5
RE: Base Construction - 2/15/2010 5:08:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Le Ricain

Thanks for all the help.

I finally figured out what the problem was. I had an engineer unit sitting in a hex containing a green dot trying to build a base. However, I never got a small flag in the hex and I assumed that the unit was still trying to build a base. Just by luck I clicked on the hex and the base screen came up! I have a base and the airport is 66% complete.

Is this WAD in that you do not get a base flag on any base that you build? The location was Fenton, Australia (76,126).

Dot bases don't become regular bases until they reach a certain level. Base flags are not about building.

(in reply to Le Ricain)
Post #: 6
RE: Base Construction - 2/15/2010 6:52:32 AM   
Rainer79

As pompack already said, you need to build a level 1 port OR airfield at a dot base and you'll get a flag. Forts don't count.

< Message edited by Rainer79 -- 2/15/2010 6:53:43 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Base Construction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI