Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Summer 42 advice to jjdenver on the slitherine board

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Summer 42 advice to jjdenver on the slitherine board Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Summer 42 advice to jjdenver on the slitherine board - 2/6/2010 11:14:36 PM   
Harvey Birdman

To answer your question, I created an account named pinkpanzer at slitherine. I'm in the userlist, but am unable to login?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14884

You need to get operational mobility. The way you get operational mobility is either amphib invasions, paratroops(which ceaw doesn't have) or an armoured thrust into the rear area, aimed at cutting off from supply. Like the thrust to the coast in 1940 in France. I like to combo the 2.

To get operational mobility, you have 2 choices, North or South.

North: Transport some german units to Finland and sweep arround Lake Ladoga combined with a northern schwerpunkt aimed at taking Leningrad, then Moscow.

South: Their are several southern options.

1)Take Sevastopol and Kerch and transport units from Kerch into the soviet rear areas in the caucasaus. Especially good combined with an armoured thrust aimed at cutting off soviet units arround rostov.

2) Airpower the Soviet bb to oblivion, then transport units to capture the port of Batum. Then take the caacasaus. But you have to capture it in one turn or your out of supply.

3) Declare war on Turkey, grap Istanbul asap, bring the Italian battleships into the black sea. Transport units to the southern coast of Turkey nearest Ankara, capture it asap. Then take the caucasaus. Ideally, you need 3 strike forces prepared, one to capture Istanbul(allowing the other 2 strike forces and the Italian bb's into the Black sea), The second one to capture Ankara asap and the third one to capture Batum cutting off Russia from Turkey.

4) An armoured thrust aimed at grozny cutting off the caucasaus.

Whatever you decide, make sure you make a diversionary nebelpunkt attack someplace else to deceive your opponent into committing reserves to the wrong place away from your schwerpunkt.

Since it's July 42 I would take Sevastopol/Kerch, then invade Turkey in the Winter43, where you don't suffer loss of effectiveness in Winter. The Turks have 1 BB, several inf corps and 1 momo inf corps.

< Message edited by Harvey Birdman -- 2/7/2010 2:01:39 AM >

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Summer 42 advice to jjdenver on the slitherine board Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI