Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Galactopedia for potential customers to download and browse.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Galactopedia for potential customers to download and browse. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Galactopedia for potential customers to download and br... - 4/1/2010 3:01:14 PM   
Wade1000

Galactopedia for potential customers to download and browse.

Would that be easy to do?
Would it be good idea?

The Distant Worlds Galactopedi is very indepth and well done. It could provide much information to potential customers that want in depth information about the game.
To people uncertain on whether Distant Worlds is for them, the Galactopedia might show them the games great elements and convince them to purchase it.
If anyone is turned off by the Galactopedia well then they probably would not enjoy the game anyway and might talk neagtively about buying a game that was not their type.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.
Post #: 1
RE: Galactopedia for potential customers to download an... - 4/2/2010 5:03:56 PM   
JonathanStrange

I think it's an interesting idea. Probably more likely  to intrigue people who are on the fence; I think more lukewarm or skeptical folks might think the game overwhelming.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 2
RE: Galactopedia for potential customers to download an... - 4/2/2010 5:10:59 PM   
Wade1000

Like I said, "If anyone is turned off by the Galactopedia well then they probably would not enjoy the game anyway and might talk neagtively about buying a game that was not their type."

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to JonathanStrange)
Post #: 3
RE: Galactopedia for potential customers to download an... - 4/3/2010 1:34:26 AM   
JamesM

How about do it as a members download for those of us who can not get it to work in the game.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Galactopedia for potential customers to download and browse. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI