Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race - 4/27/2010 5:34:01 AM   
vils

Well, how do i do it?

I want to play humans but i fancy other ship sets, yet i canot figure out how to make them default in the game, i wish to skip the manual part to design new ships and always select the hull from the long list..

Is this possible? Should be

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your... - 4/27/2010 9:17:42 AM   
feygan

You need to change a number in the races.txt file.

Firstly copy the file from the main DW folder into customization, from there you need a new named folder which will be your "theme" then move the races.txt to this folder.

After this open the file at the top there is a description of what each column refers to. All do you from here is check in the images/ships folder for the family you want to use (families are the hulls you see ingame). Then ensure that number is written in the correct column for the race you wish to play.

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your... - 4/27/2010 10:02:27 PM   
Jamoid

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2436614

as said above you alter the ship "family". it's at the bottom of the race editing page (design images). :}

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI