Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

But I don't want to assault that unit!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> But I don't want to assault that unit! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
But I don't want to assault that unit! - 7/24/2002 3:59:24 AM   
rbrunsman

Here's an example of the problem: I walk up to a suppressed Tiger with my M9 Bazooka team. I am adjacent to the Tiger and I want to fire my bazooka at him (high "to hit" probablility), but when I fire, the idiots try an assault instead (low "to hit" probability), the assault fails and my team is suppressed. So, instead of having 3 to 4 high probability shots, I get 1 or 2 low probability assaults.

Question: How do I make a unit NOT assault when adjacent to a hard target? The "C" button doesn't seem to work. And I've tried turning all the weapons off except for the one I want to use, but this doesn't work either.

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?
Post #: 1
- 7/24/2002 4:08:33 AM   
Belisarius

Hmm.. Z key would be my bet? :confused:

Got StuG?

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 2
- 7/24/2002 4:12:53 AM   
Resisti

Before using the "C" button, you'll have to use the "T" (target) one.
Choose the target, but DO NOT fire, exit instead.
Then go to "C", choose yr wepon (bazooka, in this case) and fire.
The sistem is granted for shooting the desired weapon, not for scoring a kill, tough ;)

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 3
But I DON"T want to assault that unit! - 7/24/2002 5:02:00 AM   
fud

I think your question has been answered, but I have a related one......

How do you keep your infantry from assaulting a vehicle that drives next to it? I mean, there are often times when I wish my scouts or that sniper I hid would just stay put. Then some big tank drives by and they break out of concealment to assault it with a pistol and a hand grenade at a 2% chance, and of course they die foolish deaths. Is there any way I can prevent that????

TIA,

fud

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 4
- 7/24/2002 7:47:19 AM   
chief

fud set your range to (0) zero on the team and if your real quiet and well hidden they (foe) wil pass you by. You can do this by hitting the "Y" Key and then zero, enter. Don't try this after you've been spotted either or you've got a dead crew, team, scout or whatever. HTH;) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 5
- 7/24/2002 2:15:41 PM   
gnoccop

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chief
[B]fud set your range to (0) zero on the team and if your real quiet and well hidden they (foe) wil pass you by. You can do this by hitting the "Y" Key and then zero, enter. Don't try this after you've been spotted either or you've got a dead crew, team, scout or whatever. HTH;) :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

and also turn-off all unit's weapons.

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 6
- 7/24/2002 10:45:31 PM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Before using the "C" button, you'll have to use the "T" (target) one.
Choose the target, but DO NOT fire, exit instead.
Then go to "C", choose yr wepon (bazooka, in this case) and fire.
The sistem is granted for shooting the desired weapon, not for scoring a kill, tough ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Resisti, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that on VikingNo2 if he will just bring those Tigers & JPz's a little closer. ;)

I'm also happy that I asked a question that you couldn't refer me to the manual to answer. I've seen your "Read the manual" response enough to make me check there first before asking a question here. There's a bonus to looking in the manual first: You often learn something you didn't know you needed to know. If you know what I mean.:D

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 7
- 7/24/2002 10:55:22 PM   
Belisarius

Also, if you have say an AT infantry unit with mixed weapons, it's a good idea to set max range of the unit to that (or less) of the AT weapon. That way your unit can be on overwatch but won't take pot-shots at anything farther away than it can be nailed by the RPG or whatever.

Got StuG?

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> But I don't want to assault that unit! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI