Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weirdest problem with East front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Weirdest problem with East front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weirdest problem with East front - 6/13/2010 5:33:35 PM   
Jochenp23

Hi,

I have DX9, XP, newly updated machine, installed the JTCS + Patch 1.03 and 1.04. Afterwards all worked as a clock except: starting a new scenario in East front, got the computer to send out "east front.exe fault, and the game dies. If I use the JTCS scenario launcher it never bugs, and WF or RS never bugs, only EF(!?) Any ideas what to do?

Joakim
Post #: 1
RE: Weirdest problem with East front - 6/13/2010 7:55:11 PM   
Josh

Hm, that's weird... I've been pondering on that one for a while.
When you click on the executable (shortcut on your desktop for instance) it shows you the introvid without a problem right? That could be a problem... if your (videocard, or other-) drivers were out of date, but you say they are all updated.
So it does show the game-menu, you click on "new scenario", and then it dies? You're sure the EF files are installed properly? Or maybe it has to do with the native resolution you use for your screen? I'm using 1900x1200 and the game doesn't have a problem with that, or maybe it's an other thing related to your videocard...?
I must say I'm a bit puzzled here because RS and WF work properly, and EF doesn't. All I can think of are these two things; not installed properly, and, vidcard related problems.
Good luck.

(in reply to Jochenp23)
Post #: 2
RE: Weirdest problem with East front - 6/13/2010 11:01:41 PM   
Jochenp23

EF re installed in order and tested in order, basic game, patch one and patch 2 and the same pr5oblem appears all the time.

Anyone who runs the same config as me, what resolutions do you have on the screen?

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: Weirdest problem with East front - 8/1/2010 10:40:11 PM   
countblue

I am running this on a dual core 2x 2 Ghz 2gigz Ram Video Card ATI HD4670 512 MB Ram resolution 1920x1080 22" Flatscreen on XP and on Win 7 no probs.

(in reply to Jochenp23)
Post #: 4
RE: Weirdest problem with East front - 12/21/2010 3:04:59 PM   
tiwaz

HI
i have almost the same problem , when i play EF DGC the game always crash when i come to dec 42 , when the last battle in nov is clear and i push the button BEGIN NEXT BATTLE the game crash, a message says EF exe stop working, always when dec month starts.
It happens the same with all OOB, except the old talonsofts OOB.
I never had any problems with Wf or RS (so far)

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Weirdest problem with East front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI