Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USA joins Axis Alliance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> USA joins Axis Alliance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USA joins Axis Alliance - 8/28/2010 3:01:24 PM   
Patbgaming

I was playing a game as the Axis against the computer. It was mid 41 when I finnished off the last Allied country. Thinking to buy myself a little more time before the US entered the war against me, I pressured them. Much to my dismay their alliance entry level went up, not down. Upon a closer study, their alliance entry was now Axis. I pressured them again and they went 100% and joined the Axis alliance. I am just curious is this supposed to be able to happen or was there something weird in this particular game.

Has anyone else had this happen ? Is it supposed to be able to happen ? I just can't see the USA ever joing the Axis Alliance.
Post #: 1
RE: USA joins Axis Alliance - 8/28/2010 11:12:53 PM   
Tomokatu

America had its own fascist and Nazi organisations and adherents
See
http://www.americainwwii.com/stories/americansforhitler.html

and the Silver Shirts.

Given the extremity of the scenario you created, complete Nazi victory in Europe and Nazi diplomatic pressure, it's not hard to imagine that they'd have swung into line, probably on the basis of an already strong anti-Communist sentiment.

So yes, I CAN see the USA becoming Nazi. (They had Senator McCarthy, after all!)

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

(in reply to Patbgaming)
Post #: 2
RE: USA joins Axis Alliance - 8/29/2010 4:16:50 PM   
Patbgaming

A very good article. Thanks for the link.

I still believe it would be more likley in the event of Germany gaining total domination of Europe, that the US would stay neutral. Maybe having an event where they become the new Leader of the Allies, but not going to war unless it is declared upon them would work. So the Allied Alliance has been defeated but if you do something silly you could revive it from the ashes.

Just a thought...

(in reply to Tomokatu)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> USA joins Axis Alliance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI