Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saved games affected by patches?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Saved games affected by patches? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saved games affected by patches? - 8/20/2002 8:25:09 PM   
Bax

Hey guys, this is my first post after having played UV for a couple weeks. When I first got the game, I patched it up to 1.20. Now that 1.30 is out, will I still be able to play my saved games, or do I have to start over?

I'm kicking fanny and taking names as the Japanese in scenario 17, and would not like to start over if at all possible.

Thanks in advance! :)
Post #: 1
Re: Saved games affected by patches? - 8/20/2002 9:04:52 PM   
Spooky

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bax
[B]Hey guys, this is my first post after having played UV for a couple weeks. When I first got the game, I patched it up to 1.20. Now that 1.30 is out, will I still be able to play my saved games, or do I have to start over?

I'm kicking fanny and taking names as the Japanese in scenario 17, and would not like to start over if at all possible.

Thanks in advance! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

AFAIK, you could still use your old saved games with the new 1.3 patch.

However, the OOB changes (ie : armour/gun changes, ...) will only take place when you start a new game.

(in reply to Bax)
Post #: 2
- 8/20/2002 10:22:37 PM   
Joel Billings

Spooky is correct.

(in reply to Bax)
Post #: 3
- 8/20/2002 10:56:34 PM   
jhdeerslayer

Curious... What happens when one PBEM player (Allies) is at 1.3 and the other is at 1.2 (Japanese). From my experience, nothing bad but was surprised I didn't get a warning or something. Is one player considered the "move calculation PC" and the revision on that PC is the revision the "turn" will be at?

This excludes OOB issues of course.

Moot point anyway as next file we'll both be at 1.3 but just wondering how this works.

(in reply to Bax)
Post #: 4
- 8/20/2002 11:37:43 PM   
Joel Billings

The Japanese player is the computer that calculates the official turn. If using different versions, than the US replay will probably be off. Also, some things that happen during the orders phase would be based on the version being used during each orders phase.

(in reply to Bax)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Saved games affected by patches? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI